Recent content by fasttony

1. F

Wanting to buy Rupp Roadster/Roadster 2 headlight bezel/reflector

Those headlight assemblies are chrome plated plastic and rare these days they show up on ebay now and then. Tony
  2. F

1972 rupp roadster2

That Rupp rust and other brand of rust big or small can be made to look new again.
  3. F

1972 rupp roadster2

I have shipped big items with Greyhound shipping they could be really slow up to 30 days during the holidays also, a manager at Greyhound stated the shipping business was not part of the Greyhound transportation business it was a separate company.
  4. F

1972 rupp roadster2

Isn't the only difference between the Rupp and Swinger other than the tank stickers and seat cover a shorter rear swing arm similar to the 70 Rupp Roadster with 10" wheels? Tony
  5. F

Oversize piston for hs40

HS40 .020 oversize piston and pin 32605B .020 Piston Pin and rings 34853 Rings 34856
  6. F

Primer

A light coat of Rust-Oleum self etch primer then a light coat of Rust-Oleum gray primer. Tony
  7. F

Trailmaster MB200 got pulled over for being motorcycle

I have a pair of Rupp Roadster2's that have been registered in the state of Maine I did have some help getting by the 50cc limit here a friends wife works for the town hall, I had Dairyland insurance. I did get stopped by the police in the next town over for not having a working brake light I...
  8. F

71 Rupp Roadster2 Seat Cover Lettering?

Marcus thanks. Tony
  9. F

71 Rupp Roadster2 Seat Cover Lettering?

Anyone know what the correct size RUPP lettering is for 71 Roadster2 seat covers short or tall? Thanks Tony
  10. F

HSSK40 vs. HSSK50

I have two Rupp RR2's and have HS40, HS50 and HSSK50's (with larger HS40/50 exhaust valves) I did not find any difference in driving performance between them. I swapped the engines, carburetors and different tuning settings more than once trying to get the fastest one on my bike, the only...
  11. F

Hs40-55356c nikasil plated cylinder

The bikes are still in excellent condition and running good my purple R2 has the HS50 with iron cylinder, ARC rod, balanced, Dyno cam with good springs, custom oversize stainless exhaust pipe and Dellorto carb I really like the performance with that bike. We didn't get to ride them this year my...
  12. F

Hs40-55356c nikasil plated cylinder

Steel or iron sleeve? I had one of my HS-50 blocks iron sleeved it runs fine, I made a torque plate for finish hone.
  13. F

HS40 RUPP part 2

That's cool! A few years ago when my wife and I had our Roadster 2"s registered we would go to local car shows they were just as popular as the cars and we didn't enter them in the show.
  14. F

HS50 crankshaft question.

I have made extensions for short 3/4" diameter crankshafts before that worked fine, anyone make one for a tapered crank?
  15. F

HS50 tecumseh - change exhaust valve size?

Only about 2 years late for this reply, no I didn't run the HS-50 with the smaller exhaust valve I was looking for higher RPM's. I did build one earlier block HS-50 at the end of my Rupp projects had it iron sleeved, milled the head, Dyno cam, ARC rod, balanced, Dellorto carb, enlarged exhaust...