Recent content by firemarshal71

1. firemarshal71

Happy Thanksgiving (a day late)

I've been gone a while but just logged in and renewed my subscription. Miss the projects and great people in this forum. Good to be back and I've got a ton of unfinished projects that my wife claims need to be running or gone. (I've recently procured a second storage unit just in case, lol)...
  2. firemarshal71

Anything Goes! Mini Snowmobile

Love the build and your shop looks like something I would pay an admission fee for a tour.
  3. firemarshal71

Anything Goes! FM71 2019 chopper

Sorry haven't posted in about a month -sort of lost some of my mojo but after last week's snow storm, I'm more motivated this week with Spring in the air and 50 to 60 degree temps. Happy Easter! and below are some pics of setting up the rear chains and making some axle mounts. Still haven't...
  4. firemarshal71

I made a little more progress on the front end area. As I anticipated, this has been the most challenging for me with the hardest part being maintaining symmetry while setting and tack welding the sections in. With everything in its proper place and measured for symmetry, my next step will be...
  5. firemarshal71

1969 Taco 44 Magnum

really liking the café racer styling.
  6. firemarshal71

Going ahead with the springer style front end. Started making the triple trees but didn't get much farther than this. I have the middle piece still to make for the spring mount and need to cut and contour the upper and lower piece to go around the springs and neck tube.
  7. firemarshal71

CUSTOM HEALD VT10

Nice project and well equipped shop! You make good use of your space.
  8. firemarshal71

Built two bikes in one night.

Here's one I did a couple years back.
  9. firemarshal71

Looks like everyone is making good progress so thought I would post a quick update. I put a jackshaft together and massaged the drum brake lever a little in order to get it in alignment with the cable and frame rail. Also played around a little with some mockups in order to make sure my...
  10. firemarshal71

Lil Indian 400

Nice looking build and that engine is a masterpiece!
  11. firemarshal71

Placed a couple braces between the upper and lower rails and started to weld in the neck area but need to come back to this later after I warm up a little. Most likely will require some body filler if I can't blend the weld passes in better. Will post more updates towards the end of the week...
  12. firemarshal71

Thanks Chipper, they make quick work of setting up and can be easily moved when you're mocking up designs. I Put the rear wheel halves together and mocked it up in the frame. Still need to adjust the jackshaft setup and make the mounts for it and the rear axle. Will be adding some cross...
  13. firemarshal71

Started to clean and organize

I needed to organize as well because I keep buying duplicates and triplicates of stuff I already had but forgot about. I need to do something like dragracer above did since most of the stuff I'm referring to is small parts and fasteners. I must have 100 or more bearings and my metal/tube stock...
  14. firemarshal71

Day 1 of my build. Laid out the frame pieces, bent and tacked up on a jig/work station. Proportions are not coming out as my original drawing showed but like all things, I'm just going to roll with it and let the build take on its own personality. I had to raise up the neck area in order to...
  15. firemarshal71

Anything Goes! Scratch built Harrison

Looking good, mrpat!