Recent content by Flat Head Phil

1. Flat Head Phil

Road registering my honda z50a mini trail

Pretty sure they were on the steering neck on those. Look for the rivets there.
  2. Flat Head Phil

Doodle bug

Baja Doodle Bug? The Chinese first DB 30 was discontinued around 2004. Here‘s my modified version. I bought it as a NOS roller off eBay years ago and put a NOS Tecumseh power sport H40 on it with a TAV 20 (real Comet version). It even still has all the original warning stickers on it:)
  3. Flat Head Phil

Cat Dominator Fenders

Too bad nobody saved the old tooling for the stamped stuff.
  4. Flat Head Phil

Tecumseh parts #s

Which gaskets? Go to Partstree and look across different spec H35s and you might find gaskets are pretty generic across most of the spec numbers
  5. Flat Head Phil

No more cat fenders.

No more cat fenders.
  6. Flat Head Phil

Need help with bike ID!

Rockford Chibi
  7. Flat Head Phil

Briggs flathead/torque converter

Ok I mis read the problem. I thought you're sprocket didn't line up. Different post. I've seen shaft extensions that bolt on the end of the crank to lengthen it for mounting the outer drive sheave. Or you can make one out of 3/4" shaft and cut a key way.
  8. Flat Head Phil

Briggs flathead/torque converter

Take the shims out and re drill yer motor mount plate to line up the sprockets. That's the right way to fix this.
  9. Flat Head Phil

Tecumseh LH 195

Sold! Thanks Steve!
  10. Flat Head Phil

no spark HS-40 on 2 different motors?

It sounds like the flywheel has the wrong taper for the crank you have.
  11. Flat Head Phil

New Video! Rupp Snowmobiles

Oh man, i remember those early snowmobile years. Ride em for two hours, repair them for five hours. Smoked belts, fouled plugs, broken ski spindles, finicky tillotson carbeuretors. Good Lord! But we had so much fun....
  12. Flat Head Phil

Tecumseh LH 195

Tecumseh LH 195 (5hp) for sale. This is a brand new short block motor with chinko carb, standard muffler. Has a 3/4” PTO drilled and tapped. HS 50 cover Mini bike ready. $200.00 plus shipping. Or pick up in 37325 east TN.
  13. Flat Head Phil

Why did mini bikes die?

Yeah, once mini trails showed up, no one wanted lawn mower engine mini bikes anymore. My first jap bike was a Gemini 80. But it was a real POS
  14. Flat Head Phil

Caesar 4.00-6 Tire Is it from the 1970's?

The answer is yes. It's from the 70s. I've found Original Ceasars on survivor Cats.
  15. Flat Head Phil

Tecumseh HS50 short block

Ok YW. Glad it got there ok. Have fun wit it! Cheers