Recent content by Flat Head Phil

1. Flat Head Phil

Help identify this mini bike, im new to this

With that Briggs 5s motor on it, you won't be doing any wheeling! LOL. They're about 2 HP.
  2. Flat Head Phil

Murray track 2 wheels and tires?

4 3/4" . Hi and welcome.
  3. Flat Head Phil

History: Mini Bike Factories, Suppliers and Dealers

A neighbor friend of mine had a Terra Cat back in the early seventies. Now I was living in western Massachusetts at the time, so not sure how it landed there except his father was a traveling millwright, so maybe he brought from Mich. . Anyway, it had a five horse Clinton, and the seat was so...
  4. Flat Head Phil

Rupp Question

Ok thanks for the info. I didn't know they used this frame with centrifugal clutches. I shimmed out the secondary last night, it's going to work out ok. My original primary is grooved out pretty bad. I'll see how the Comet 20 works with he 5/8 belt before I machine the collar. Carver, the bike...
  5. Flat Head Phil

Rupp Question

So I have this Roadster I took apart years ago, and I have gathered up some parts enough to start putting it back together. My question is: did the motor mount on the slotted or fixed holes? The reason I ask, is that I'm using a Comet 20 primary, and the slotted holes let it line up perfectly...
  6. Flat Head Phil

Clutch Toasty

Regular motor oil (or any oil) is no good for lubing a centrifugal clutch like that. Use graphite or one of those spray dry lubes even. Oil is better than nothing, but it burns right out of the sleeve in minutes.
  7. Flat Head Phil

WTB Tecumseh HM-80

IDK I'm not sure, but I think yer saying your blown up motor has an external coil? These 10 horse short blocks on epay are a good solution. Just bolt on your carb, muffler, flywheel, coil and housing and ride on 10HP Tecumseh Engine Short Block LH358XA 3 4" Snow Blower Tiller HM100 HM80 | eBay
  8. Flat Head Phil

new tec versus old tec 6hp

Pull the housings. I bet the black one has an external coil and the red one is a points ign. If I'm wrong, then you could swap the lighting coil. otherwise the flywheels are different.
  9. Flat Head Phil

quality twist throttle reccommendation

I like Gannar Gassers the best. These are knock offs though. Gunnar Gasser Style Throttle w Cable Maico CZ Husqvarna Alloy Vintage Motocross | eBay
  10. Flat Head Phil

Torque converter!

Whats the motor yer putting it on? Measure the diameter of the motor shaft and thats the bore size you want. Then you'll have to determine what pitch chain to use. Its most likely a 35 pitch sprocket you have on the back.
  11. Flat Head Phil

Suzuki jr50 age

Why hack it up? parts are available all day long. They were made from 76 through 06. jr 50 piston | eBay
  12. Flat Head Phil

Rupp Roadster Belt not slipping/help

The belt doesn't "slip" on the driven. Only the drive sheave. Your belt is too tight.
  13. Flat Head Phil

Murray track 2 seat

The stock Murray seat is really a leftover torture device from the dark ages. Not sure how anybody could ride one of those for more than five minutes. I'd rather sit on a punji stick. Get a real mini bike seat, some shocks and a couple pieces of angle iron, fab some shock mounts and put it...
  14. Flat Head Phil

H30 Throttle Assembly question

Good Work:thumbsup:
  15. Flat Head Phil

Cat engine plate

Bent forks is the other thing they're famous for.