Recent content by Flywelder

1. F

How much #35 chain do I need?

Hi, I seek your help in finding the correct chain I need. I measured with a tape measure, the distance from the sprocket on the engine to the rear sprocket. On the top side, I need 24 inches to the center of the rear sprocket, I would need that again for the bottom side of the chain. Plus enough...
  2. F

Lets discuss why the chain keeps derailing, on my Rupp Bandit

If I were to install rear shocks to this bike, would I have to install anything where the rear axle support arms bolt to the frame, in order to allow them to move up and down with the shocks? or would I just loosen the mounting bolts at the frame?
  3. F

How much chain, do I need for this bandit bike?
  4. F

Qs on Finding and Installing a Mini Bike suspenion,

My 10 year old grand son complains that the bike bounces him around, shaking him really good. I recall as a kid, wishing mine had a suspension. I drooled over the suspensions of large street bikes! For, Until this web site, I never saw another Rupp bike of any kind., and at that time, no...
  5. F

How much play should there be in the chain when pressed on with my thumb?
  6. F

I just discovered who you are, and that you are! cool! I just know you can answer my chain questions, and suspension Question! This is great!
  7. F

WHile Im here, is it possible to place a suspension on my Bandit? it needs one! My 10 year old grand son complains that the bike bouncies him around, shaking him really good. I recall as a kid, wishing mine had a suspension. I drewled over the suspensions of large street bikes! For...
  8. F

Can any one tell me why the Bandit, did not have the jack shaft set up, like the Digger, or Continental? Or the TC-1? For years I so wished my Bandit had one of those set ups!
  9. F

When properly tightened, How much up and down play should the chain have?....( when checked at the middle of the 'top' chain?)
  10. F

Great!. now my home made one looks no where crisp, and forged from one piece of metal, and clean like that one! LoL! Now, Is there any where on the net, that says how long of a chain the Bandit came with from the factory? here attached are pics of the chain on the sprocket of my bandit.
  11. F

I will do that, thank you!! May I ask of you to post to this post of mine, a picture of the Rupp tensioner you found. or send me a picture. I would sure like to see what was originally designed as a tensioner, to compare to my 'home made' one. There is the possibility mine is not designed...
  12. F

Thank you for all your research and answers! greatly appreciated. I will get a picture soon. May I ask of you to post to this post of mine, a picture of the Rupp tensioner you found. or send me a picture. I would sure like to see what was originally designed as a tensioner, to compare to my...
  13. F

HELP! I have my Rupp Bandit, from when I was 10, and now restored it so my grand kids can learn to ride. All is working well until the chain pops off the large rear sprocket ever 5 mins or so, and becomes wedged between the sprocket and the rear frame 'bar', there is maybe 12 inch clearance...
  14. F

Throttle cable problems, seeking help!

Thank you! I wil try your advice soon! Thank you once again!
  15. F

Throttle cable problems, seeking help!

Okay, and just to be sure, I follow correctly. When you say pull the cable tighter, you mean, I am to pull the wire inside the sheath, tighter?