Recent content by FOMOGO

1. FOMOGO

Hot Rod magazine bizarre racing moments.

I remember seeing all those cars in articles in Hot Rod. If you search the internet there are actually 2 different pictures of the Magic Muffler Fiat. Taken by 2 different photographers just a split second apart. The other one is from the front 3/4 view and its on fire. Wild Willy Borsh in the...
  2. FOMOGO

Turkey preference?

I have a copy of a Stumps gravity feed cooker that I built almost 20 years ago. Its fully insulated with 2 inches of rockwool insulation. It will run at 225 for about 15 hours on 1 20 pound bag of charcoal. I put a little lit charcoal down the shoot then add a couple of fist sized chunks of...
  3. FOMOGO

Turkey preference?

A little late to the party but definitely brined. Not just any brine either. We brine ours in a cranberry concoction. Been doing it for years. The come out with the cranberry colored tint to the meat. 5 or 6 hours on the smoker depending on the size of the bird and its amazing. Took the smoker...
  4. FOMOGO

Favorite movie and other nonsense

I'll add my 2 cents... I tend to like different movies. If its hard to find on a movie channel rotation Its probably on my list of favorites. Once Upon a Time in the West is the top of the list for me. Followed by John Ford movies followed by Sam Peckinpah movies. Then the obligatory American...
  5. FOMOGO

Happy birthday Robert c!!

Happy Birthday Robert!
  6. FOMOGO

How can I tell what my Baja is

Its a Baja MB 165 with the metal fenders. MB 200's had plastic fenders.
  7. FOMOGO

Ferris Zer Turn Counterweights

The first thing I asked him was what the bracket on the front was for??? He said that he didn't know. He then said that he had bought it from his son in law in Florida. So, there is not any hope of tracking them down. Now that its mentioned I have heard them called Suitcase weights before. I...
  8. 20220525_171533 (1).jpg

20220525_171533 (1).jpg

9. s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

10. FOMOGO

Ferris Zer Turn Counterweights

About the start of fall last year I bought a used 52" cut Ferris ZTR mower in an auction. The older gentleman that was selling it was very nice and told me that he had bought it from his son in law in Florida, but he didn't like it, so he went back to a conventional tractor with a bagger. He had...
  11. FOMOGO

Heald VT-8 top engine support bracket.

Got any pics of your brake fix Michael? I have the same problem and need to fab an anchor for mine as well. Delray sent me brake fix pics of the Broncs he rides with in the first picture he shared. And I had had an idea in my head for sometime before Delray and I discussedit. Always looking for...
  12. FOMOGO

Vintage arc welder.

That thing aint old. Well, it is... When I was in auto shop class in high school, we had a stick welder that was as old as dirt and on top of that it was made in Russia. All the writing was Russian. It was about 30'' round and 5 feet tall. The shop teacher was retired air force and really sharp...
  13. FOMOGO

Engine stand

And, if you buy one of these (or similar) you can attach it under the edge of your work bench and not have to go outside is the weather is miserable as well as using it when you assemble or paint one. Ultra-Tow 2-Inch Standard Receiver Tube with Collar — 6in. Extension Length | Northern Tool...
  14. FOMOGO

Want to learn how to Weld

To add to what my friend massacre stated. A Mig will push wire as long as you hold the trigger. Doesnt mean that you are accomplishing anything other than making a mess. There is the rare occasion that a gap or a hole that simply needs to be filled for cosmetic reasons is acceptable but its not...
  15. FOMOGO

Want to learn how to Weld

I Just realized that I had not posted any complete pics of the half scale Nascar chassis. This will give you a better Idea of the scale and scope of the project. Lots and lots of fitting and welding. If I remember correctly it took 2 1/2 or 3 weeks to build it. That was the spring of 2018...