Recent content by FrankR

1. F

Decatur swap meet buy

Cool! I was at the Decatur swap meet too and pick up this Thunderbird for $60 Saturday afternoon. (not that I knew what it was until someone here told me.) I don't know how it went over looked for so long. It had some kind of Harley type handle bars that didn't fit which I promptly sold for $20...
  2. F

Wondering what kind of bike this is?

I picked this up at a local swap meet. I know I have seen this style before but after looking through tons of google images, I could not locate anything similar. Can anyone identify the make/model and maybe tell me what the original color scheme might have been? Does anyone know if it had a B&S...
  3. F

Big Briggs

Sigh...any other options? I picked up an old generator that wasn't working, but the 5hp starts on one pull and runs strong.
  4. F

Do I have a leaky intake valve or is this normal?

I have a 2hp B&S from an old edger. The engine runs well and not too hard to start after about 3 pulls. I have noticed though that with the breather off, as I am trying to start it, I see little puffs of smoke (fuel vapor) come back out the carb while its running. It sucks right back in on a...
  5. F

Another new guy

Hello. Learned of this site from Jalopy Journal. I'm in Mesquite, Tx. I've got a couple of minibike projects going on besides a hotrod various other mechanical abnormalities. Here is a couple of pics of one I should have done soon. I ended up with it after a friend lost his storage. Not sure of...
  6. F

help identifying minibike

Thanks delray. The only difference I read though is that mine does have chrome fenders since new. Do you happen to have a picture of what the original side cover looked like? Color and any decals? I have the cover and I think it might have been white from what I remember but its too rusted to tell.
  7. F

help identifying minibike

New guy here. Pics caught my eye because I'm pretty sure its what I have too. My Dad bought it new I think from Sears. The engine and clutch look a little different than that MTD though. Mine is a 3.5 Tecumseh. The exhaust port is out the back next to the intake port like a B&S. The two little L...