frosty187

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• ive been looking into taking that govornor gear out my only concern is in my experiecne in cars as far as engine work goes when u change one thing itll affect twenty other things and i dont really wanna change a hole lot i was olny planning on getting a header and intake changing the gearing new main jet and as far as what ive been asking and hearing all i have to do is get the 18lb springs if i take the govnor out. if i take that gov out would i need to worry about changing anything other than the springs
    With the stock 6.5 it will be hard to get into the upper forty's let alone the 50's. The reason is drag from the tires and the down force of weight. If you are getting 33 mph out of your bike now I would assume you still have the governor on. 43 was the top speed we got out of a stock 6.5 on the stock gearing ungoverned. A 50 tooth gear would be way to much gear (if you could find one smallest is 53 tooth) for the motor to pull. A 57 gear is the tallest gear i have played with its super fast but usable in the lower speeds. If you are keeping the engine stock 66 would be the lowest gear I would go with but you will decrease take off power dramatically.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…