Recent content by groundpounder17

1. G

Which Tecumseh?

If original then great but I just want it to fit and run properly. It's not a lot of Tecumseh around so do I have to use the HS40 or can others such as HS50 or H50 also work?
  2. G

Which Tecumseh?

I have a basketcase Rupp Roadster 2 without an engine. I've had it for several years and now need an engine. I'm wanting to dig this old project out and get it going. I'd love to have a Tecumseh star but they are hard to come by. What model Tecumseh should I be looking for? H50, HS40, HS50? Do...
  3. G

Which Briggs?

I just took a look at that website. The local 206 looks to be the way to go
  4. G

Which Briggs?

So the only difference is the recoil and the rev limiter? What is the powerband of the animal, what's the rpm range?
  5. G

Which Briggs?

The animal and the local 206 are the same price.
  6. G

Which Briggs?

So if putting on a mini bike or kart that kids would be riding occasionally I should go with the local 206? I'm guessing I can always change our that rev limiter later?
  7. G

Which Briggs?

What's the main differences between the animal, animal. Local option 206, and M series?
  8. G

Rupp mini with GX200 questions

Thanks. Will check them out. I'm considering either the Honda gx200 or maybe an animal LO206. I think either would serve my project well and both can be built upon pretty easily.
  9. G

Rupp mini with GX200 questions

I have a Rupp mini bike I started getting together several years ago that I had planned to put a Briggs animal. I got burned on eBay and the project got stored. I now have little ones and would like to finish my project using a Honda gx200. This seems like a better fit. What carb and exhaust...
  10. G

tecumseh star

I don't plan to modify the frame. I have been told that it will fit but that width will be my problem. I will likely have to get a billet side cover that will bring the width down by 1.25". The problem is that a more narrow (shorter) crank will have to be used. I don't know if my crank can be...
  11. G

tecumseh star

I heard about EC passing away. I don't know much about him really except he was supposedly a very good man and engine/carb guy. It is sad to hear about his passing. His shop is still going so I bet he would have been proud of that.
  12. G

tecumseh star

Well, I'm having a little trouble getting the engine here. It supposedly shipped out today, but communication with the seller has been poor since he got his money. That leads me to believe that this guy may not be too truthful. I hope my assumptions are incorrect but I'll see soon enough
  13. G

Rupp 12" wheel

Looking for 12" wheels for my rupp roadster.
  14. G

Rupp roadster 12 inch wheel assy

Do you still have this for sale
  15. G

tecumseh star

Hi everyone. I picked a 73 rupp roadster II frame for a minibike build about 3 yrs ago and had a lot of things happen which put my project on hold until recently. I'm still gathering parts and have been considering my engine options. I had originally thought that I might go with a Honda...