Recent content by Hannibal

1. H

BT 200X Predator 212 Stage 1 - Need Help

"I'd have to look at my engine but I think not."... The Predator 212 carburetor requires the use of and comes equipped with 3 gaskets from the factory. My Predator 212cc was supplied with two. A vent leak clearly exists. The engine needs a thorough inspection to determine the existence of...
  2. H

Removed the carb, inspected it inside and out, nothing wrong... BUT... behind the carb is a black plastic mount which holds the fuel line, and exhaust hoses. There was a gasket in front, but no gasket in the rear. It looks like it came from the factory absent a rear gasket. That is, if there...
  3. H

Okay, I replaced the spark plug, it was covered with carbon. It isn't an oil related problem. It's burning rich and emitting black smoke, and the engine struggles to run. I did run it without the muffler. I'll add the additional spring as you suggested today or tomorrow. The carb will be coming...
  4. H

Thanx for your comment. It was running fine before and after I installed the Stage 1. The accumulation of carbon or burned oil is excessive and after I cleaned the plates and started the engine all 6 plates were completely covered again within 3 or 4 minutes of use. I suspect it may be oil which...
  5. H

212 Predator with Supertrapp 3s Muffler and Stage 1 Kit (air filter, header, and jet) installed ... 3 mile test drive in Arizona desert, ran perfectly... Next day extreme difficulty getting started, bike took off on its own. Second attempt (numerous attempts) it struggled to run. Shut it off...
  6. H

Needing recommendations on chrome plating

How about a powder coat chrome finish. It looks very similar, is less expensive, it's durable, and you probably won't have a long wait to have it done. Try powder coating.
  7. H

BT200X Header Pipe Wrap

Thanx, I will....
  8. H

BT200X Header Pipe Wrap

Ready to roll with my new BT200X Predator 212cc. Tomorrow, I'm BLM, Forest Service, and soon to be Idaho restricted license plate street legal after I install my new exhaust with the Supertrapp 3s USDA approved spark arrester/muffler. I painted the header/muffler and plan to install...
  9. H

Lithium Batteries, And Battery Placement

Got my new Coleman BT200X up and running (thanx everyone for the help) and purchased new Road Shock 8 inch and 6 inch LED lights which I mounted to the BT200X headlight mount. I purchased the wiring harness as well. It's all simple to assemble except for the matter of battery placement. Most...
  10. H

First Minibike & Engine Swap - Need Help

Instead of removing the factory air box, installing the adapter, and then adding the filter with the Stage 1 kit, could I simply leave the air box intact, remove the top cover, and factory filter, then install the Stage 1 filter with a suitable clamp to the air tube that the factory filter was...
  11. H

I'll have to remove the sensor on mine as well for the same reason. Hopefully I won't wire anything improperly in my attempt to use the handlebar mounted kill switch on my bike...
  12. H

Apologies... It appears that I may have been wrong in my assumption that a header pipe was necessary for the installation of a USDA approved spark arrester. The stock muffler comes with a removable spark arrester, though it is not USDA approved. USDA approved spark arresters are available from...
  13. H

"Gotta keep ya guessing"... Clint Eastwood
  14. H

Bro, it's super maxxed out with oil. I put two quarts of 10 30w in it. I think the capacity is 1/2 quart....So, I've got that base covered for at least the next two or three years....
  15. H

Didn't have anything to secure it to for a test run so I decided to make use of the bike's mount and riser plate. Tilted too much, yes. I'm going to buy an upright stand tomorrow which will solve the problem....