Recent content by hemdog

1. H

Finally found a picture... now what is it?

The rest of the picture. Dad and I discussing things.
  2. H

That's it for sure. Thank you so much! Now to research and find one.
  3. H

I've been trying to find a picture of a mini bike I had when I was a kid and finally found one! Details are foggy, but I remember my Dad ripping around on it. These pictures are spring 1986. Any ideas on it? I tried zooming in, but I can't make out what was on the tank. Maybe like Rockland?
  4. H

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Time to start order parts lol.
  5. H

Any ideas on this one?

After doing some research, it looks like these came with a 3hp Briggs (or Tecumseh on the later ones?). The motor that was on the bike looks like a 3hp that the blower motor housing was replaced on with a rope start style. The motor will need a complete rebuild, but not sure if it's worth it due...
  6. H

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks! They definitely have some style. Now I'm just doing some learning about it. Not a ton of info out there on them.
  7. H

Any ideas on this one?

Nice! Thanks for the help!
  8. H

Any ideas on this one?

Picked this up today. It was well farm engineered before I stripped it down. There are no markings or ID numbers. It looks like the scrub brake was added on at some point, it has an amateur weld job. It had a rope start 5s on it that im sure was not original. Let me know if you'd like to see any...
  9. H

Cat 300X questions

Hmm, didn't think of swapping covers. All being said, I'd love to find a wheel with a drum brake. I like the thought of that the best.
  10. H

Cat 300X questions

Hey all, I've got an early 70's Cat 300X that I am redoing. Not looking to do an original restoration, but it would be close with my own touches. Somewhere along the way, somebody cut the scrub brake off. I'm ok with it, but that is one question. The 1971 Briggs 3hp I have for it doesn't have...
  11. H

Go kart frame questions

You guys are amazing, thank you for your insight. That looks spot on Louie. It definitely looks like it was modified for someone along the way. So, what to do? All being said, worth putting $4-500 into it? I have several different older Briggs I can put on it, so no need to buy an engine...
  12. H

Go kart frame questions

Thank you for your knowledge and honesty Dave, I truly appreciate it. I picked it up for $50, so I figured I could throw a little at it and not be upset. It would for sure be a yard cart, but I'm going to price things out and figure out what I want to spend on it vs getting a different one. If...
  13. H

Go kart frame questions

Dave, would happen to know a good spot for info on these karts? I'd like to get the rear end set up on it and I'm not sure where to turn for exact specs.
  14. H

Go kart frame questions

Very interesting. Thank you for the info Dave. It reminds me of the kart I had when I was a kid, so I'll have some fun with it. I'd like to get it moving and go from there.
  15. H

Go kart frame questions

What is it? The seat snaps perfectly to the frame, so I assume it is stock. Clean welds on it too. The holes in the seat back look like options for a seat belt of some sort. I can't find anything that has the front axle supports like that.