Recent content by IronDuke

1. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

That's what I've done so far. I was curious what others have been experiencing.
  2. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

The county sheriff doesn't patrol back in our quiet neighborhood that much.
  3. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

To try and clarify. I would prefer to off road on US National Forests and BLM when camping. However, those areas are posted with street legal signs. My understanding is, AZ MVD requires a vehicle to be street legal, a registration and license plate is required for that, as do the US National...
  4. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

It appears riding on private property may be the only "legal" option here when the Tote Gote is stock? I do not see it worth the effort to make it street legal.
  5. I

Arizona Off Road Rules

Does anyone know where a non Tote Gote fits in the Arizona and National Forest off road regulations. I haven't contacted the Arizona Game and Fish Dept, Arizona MVD or the National Forest Service yet...
  6. I

Tote Gote Model B

The plate was moved and modified, likely when the motor was replaced. As shown here the slotted ones are set too far back. I could slot the holes being used.
  7. I

Tote Gote Model B

Slotting forward will of course allow for a tighter belt. With more grip, not sure that will help. Thanks
  8. I

Tote Gote Model B

The original plate was very likely modified or replaced, possibly when the newer (1996) B&S 5hp engine was installed. I surely could slot the holes if that could help. The new belt (1422V460, same size as previous) has better tension, the old one was slipping more.
  9. I

Tote Gote Model B

Well, hopefully this makes sense. The holes in the frame mounting plate that align to the model B arch are not slotted.
  10. I

Tote Gote Model B Expanded Metal ?

I've gotten this far with fitting the screens. Not exactly like the oem. Although I am using the already drilled holes and the #8x3/4" panhead sheetmetal fasteners that had been securing the old sides.
  11. I

Tote Gote Model B

The belt squeals on our Tote Gote Model B. Being a novice when it comes to these bikes, since there is no clutch control, I am wondering if there is an adjustment to prevent the bike from trying to propel it when not on the rear stand. The belt is a new replacement of the one that was on it...
  12. I

I've traced patterns on cardboard in order to cut out the expanded metal. Not going to wrap it over the top though. Thanks again.
  13. I

What to use for exhaust pipe?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/walker-flex-tubing-sold-by-foot-40000/10082970-P
  14. I

Thanks for the diagram and corrected metal strip dimension. A 4ft x 4ft sheet of #13 flat steel expanded metal from the local metal supplier is about $60. My late brother-in-law had sheet metal covers on it.
  15. I

My understanding is the original Tote Gote expanded metal screen covering the sides had strips of metal holding it in place with measurements of 1/16" thick X 1/2" wide. They were spot welded to the edge of the screen. The screen was 1/2" expanded metal ( 1/2" opening ). Are there any...