Recent content by JB_Books

1. IMG_20240418_145516388_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240418_145516388_HDR.jpg

Hartman Enduro Tanks
  2. J

Can someone help me identify this motor?

I can't remember what the TB stands for, but it's basically a H25. 2 1/2 HP, early to mid 1960s
  3. J

Yamaha makes a "YamaLube" for oil injection. Just make sure it says for injection. If you do bypass the injector, leave it on the bike and plug the lines. (worth more $) They are pretty good bikes, I think the X90 made about 10-11 horsepower, made by Aermacchi. Harley bought Aermacchi and won...
  4. J

1972 rv 125 chopper

I used to have a Suzuki RV 90. You could probably fit 3 adults on that seat lol. Fun bike
  5. J

WTB. Small block Tecumseh oil drain plug.

They are 1/4" NPT pipe thread, probably pick 1 up at home depot, Lowe's, ACE hardware
  6. J

Picked up a couple old engines

Went to an estate sale and got these 2 engines. Early 60's or late 50's Sears labeled Tecumseh H22 or H25 with Tillotson carb. Love the starter West Bend / Chrysler 580, has a tapered shaft :(
  7. J

Shipping an engine questions

thanks for the help guys.:scooter:
  8. J

Shipping an engine questions

I have a few engines that I might sell, wondering the best way to box one up? mount to wood? Double or triple cardboard? Also what shipper? Fedex, UPS, USPS? Thanks in advance.
  9. J

RUPP brakes?

This shows you how to reline brakes with McMaster Carr material. http://www.bmacinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Relining-Motorcycle-Brake-Shoes-1.pdf
  10. J

**HELP** Briggs and Stratton 3hp wont start.

Are the valves seating? Intake clearance .005" to .007" Exhaust clearance .007" to .009"
  11. J

Rupp scrambler/roadster question

Another problem is the oil level, it can't be checked properly with a Briggs. You would have to make sure it had the 20 ounces. Tecumseh uses a longer dipstick on the slanted engines, where as the Briggs don't use a dipstick
  12. J

GEM Intake Manifold

I would think it's a 2 stroke, with the vacuum fitting to run a fuel pump.
  13. J

Flex pipe

Pipe sizes are measured with the INSIDE diameter, measure the OUTSIDE of the nipple, that would be the size of flex pipe you need.
  14. J

Can you ID this Briggs?

Briggs & Stratton 397358 magneto should work
  15. J

VM22 Mikuni

It has 2 floats connected together? They don't have a wire, they just ride on the needle. If overflowing, I suspect dirt, or damage to the needle/seat.