Recent content by JBeasty

1. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

I caved and bought it for $650. I got my work cut out for me :helpsmilie:
  2. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

It is cool. I fit in it OK, I'm 5'9", 180 lbs. I wouldn't say super comfortable, but I could get used to the size. It's bigger and heavier than it looks. Still, I'd have paid the $800 if it wasn't so rough. Real bad rust in places, engine turns over - but doesn't run, few broken and missing...
  3. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

Got all excited about this one. Coolster 250. Drove for 2 hours to see it with cash in hand, but it was just too trashed and rusty. And he wanted $800...
  4. coolster

coolster

5. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

LOL. I'm also looking at this: Murray Hard Drive for $700. This one might be a bit small though. I saw a video of a guy riding one, and he looked pretty stuffed in there. Could just be a big guy I guess.
  6. Murray_Hard_Drive

Murray_Hard_Drive

7. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

Is the GY6 150 easily modified, or is it not necessary? It does look like a bigger/heavier cart. They guy got back to me and said he had this AND a Yerf Dog (no pic, so no idea what model). I have a feeling this guy wont be much good for providing an accurate history. Looks like he has a yard...
  8. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

9. Manco10

Manco10

10. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

Just revisited it on craigslist, and he increased the price by $50?! Now I'm looking at this: It's going for $500, Doesn't run, "been sitting for years". He actually has 2, same price. He said it's a Yerf Dog, but I think it's a Manco...
  11. 01010_dCnOlTUeECG_600x450

01010_dCnOlTUeECG_600x450

12. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

Ha! Not rich, just more money than brains (and I ain't too bright). But seriously, I like the idea of suspension and comfort. Getting too old to squeeze into a little midget kart, and my skinny butt can't take much of a beating. Truth is, I'll be lucky to find a place to ride it (in California)...
  13. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

Thanks. I needed a shot of reality from a rational thinking person. Once I get a bug, it's hard to back off. I'll keep looking or offer him way less.
  14. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

Probably better to start with better brakes, front wheels/suspension and steering radius (answered my own question).
  15. JBeasty

Yerf Dog any good?

Unfortunately, another difference with this particular cart is that it has a centrifical clutch adapted, that's shot. I would for sure go with a TAV instead, with a 7" driven. I was advised to go with a 7" driven on my minibike, and I'm sold. Monster torque AND speed. Do you think it would be...