Recent content by jeff4298

1. J

Axle fabrication

Check OldMiniBikes for the live axle ....
  2. J

Vintage Cat 300

Where did you get the brake lever rubber?? What tires are they??? Thanks great looking bike!!
  3. J

Hot Rod HS40-Powered Full Suspension Cat 250

Great job Dave looks awesome!!!!! Well done!!!!
  4. J

I'm Out of Work

Congratulations Tom!!! Don't worry about finding stuff to do.......I have been retired for 5 years and before all I wanted to do was go fishing when i retired.......Sad to say i haven't been fishing once since retiring!!!!! Have fun!!!!!
  5. J

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cat man Derek

Happy Birthday!!!
  6. J

Hot Rod HS40-Powered Full Suspension Cat 250

Dave I haven't been on here for a while but have always admired your work......This one is awesome!!! It convinced me to get off my butt and start my Cat 300 project!!!!! I will be shipping you my frame, wheels, and enough parts to put together a 5hp Briggs....Let me know when you have it...
  7. J

blowout on a jerry rigged bike, need tube advice

Even though you wouldn't use a tube you would still need the hole in the rim for the valve stem so you could fill it with air. I would think you would want a straight valve stem, the curved one like shown would be prone to catching on just about anything....Hope this helps!!!
  8. J

Doubling up tires

My question is how is putting an old tire inside the new one going to make the new one last longer??? I am also confused how the old tire would fit inside the new tire if they are the same size??? Finally I would be concerned about a balance issue in this set up. Good luck I guess!!!
  9. J

Another FREE giveway!!!!!

jeff4298 #39
  10. J

What minibikes or karts came with a 4 HP Briggs?

My 1969 Cat 400 came with a 4 hp Briggs brand new when I opened the big box. Ran with 5 hp Briggs. FWI it was black on my cat 400.
  11. J

Wow pricey Cat!!!!

Cat 250 0n ebay all original....one owner family......2350.00 !!!!!! Sorry don't know how to post here.....
  12. J

Electric mini bikes, you've got to be kidding

A few years ago there was a company offering a mini-bike driven by a 18V DeWalt drill. You took the drill and chucked it onto the bike and away you went. You could remove the drill and use it for.....drilling. I don't know if it is still up but they used to have a you-tube video of them running...
  13. J

Custom frames

Karen what size wheels and tires are on your bike??
  14. J

62 gator mini bike with title

When I bought my Cat 400x in 1969-1970 it came with a title, no lights, no brake lights. In fact I sold the title on OldMiniBikes.
  15. J

Need an ARCO wheel

Front or rear???