Recent content by jholland5760

1. J

Tule Trooper

I have a really nicely restored Tule for sale listed at 1K but will accept any reasonable offer. This on is ready to ride, 2 speed gearbox in good condition bigger engine. Check out my ad on this forum. You can email me at jcholland@peakpeak.com
  2. J

Restored Tule Trooper

I have restored a really nice Tule trooper near as I can get origiinal, new brakes, cables, controls, chain, belt and totally restored BRIGGS engine not an aftermarket jap motor. This is a period correct 8 hp engine not even run in yet. Nice scooter about five pics in the picture section...
  3. tt_2_

tt_2_

Restored Tule Trooper This is the one I have for sale
  4. tt

tt

5. DSCI00041

DSCI00041

6. DSCI00032

DSCI00032

7. DSCI00011

DSCI00011

Restored Tule Trooper This is the one I have for sale, price negotiable
  8. J

I have a totally restored Tule for sale if interested email me at jcholland@peakpeak.com

I have a totally restored Tule for sale if interested email me at jcholland@peakpeak.com
  9. J

TTB I am contacting you because you seem to have a love for these, I have one I have restored...

TTB I am contacting you because you seem to have a love for these, I have one I have restored and I am looking to sell. Presently I am out of work and need some funds. This one is really sweet down to the original decals on the toolbox. Rebuilt 2 speed and fresh Briggs 8 hp engine. Price nego...
  10. J

Tule Trooper

I have an original Tule Trooper complete , with the 2 speed gearbox. this scooter has been TOTALLY restored as near as possible to original including the original decals. The gearbox has new bearings and seals, new drive chain, drive belt. New control cables, hand controls, hand grips, new...
  11. J

Help connecting kill switch on a Briggs Flatty

The new briggs modules have a grounding wire on them that is what it is for. I found a push to kill switch drilled a hole in the upper air shroud where it was easy to reach, hooked the module wire to one side and the ground to the other. On my Tule trooper, just drop my hand and it is right...
  12. J

The EPA loves me, Guess why.

I agree with the old fat guy, I have seen many engines that have sit around for years fire and run but smoke like crazy. After a tear down, IF THE CYL WALLS ARE NOT WORN EXCESSIVELY, pull the piston and find the rings broken or rusted in the groove. Remove them, replace the rings and very...
  13. J

B&S 5hp exhaust flange

I do not know how handy you are but I took a flange gasket and used it as a pattern on some 1/4" steel to make a flange Drill the two bolt holes and use a 3/4 " hole saw to drill the center hole. Brazed in an unthreaded 3/4 nipple and then brazed to the rest of the rest of the exhaust i built...
  14. J

Question

You are probably in uncharted territory unless you can find manufacturer specs telling how far to go. Or you can do it the old fashioned way trial and error. Assemble the engine incl valves so they operate correctly and in time. Go to a craft store and find some modeling clay. Stick a small...
  15. J

5 h/p Briggs won't start

Sounds to me like you have clutch problems, not allowing slippage while at low RPM's. Need to take apart and clean and free it up or best bet to replace if you got the bucks and don;t want trouble in the future. John