Recent content by joebiodiesel

1. joebiodiesel

Boy, this brings back memories

Cool. What year was the pic taken? Joe
  2. joebiodiesel

what do you guys do about snitchy neighbors?

Maybe put a quiet exhaust on it. I bet it's the noise he doesn't like, especially of he's griping about someone riding at 7:30. Joe
  3. joebiodiesel

Minico Ramjet/Trail Jet Taiwanese mini

I wasn't actively looking to sell it, but I'm not attached to it either. I'd certainly consider selling it with or without the engine. If you're looking for just a roller, and want to save a few bucks, I could see doing that. If you want to keep it like it is, and don't mind adding in the...
  4. joebiodiesel

Minico Ramjet/Trail Jet Taiwanese mini

Not a roller, and not on the West Coast. Great runner with the original lighted HS40 though. Missing front fender and front brake cable/lever. It's the first mini I ever bought, and the only one my wife will ride. Joe...
  5. joebiodiesel

Repowering rupp roadster 2

Yes, pretty easy retrofit, but as you noted, no lights unless you rig a battery. It's not a bolt-in though. You'll have to rig an intake and and exhaust in order to make it work in that frame. You can make them without too much trouble if you can weld. If not, they can be easily purchased...
  6. joebiodiesel

You know you have a good women when...

I've been good. I hope you are too. I've picked up a Honda ST90 and a 69 Rokon since we last talked. I also got a pair of Baja 90cc dirt bikes for parts to repower the Rokon. I'm getting a Powder Coating cabinet built as we speak. I'm looking forward to that. I'm not much of a painter...
  7. joebiodiesel

You know you have a good women when...

If she didn't leave you for driving a Ford Diesel, she certainly wouldn't leave you for it leaking fuel!! [Sheesh! I can't believe this thread went 2 pages without anyone throwing that one down! :-) ]
  8. joebiodiesel

'69 Rokon Trail Breaker

Engines are around $500.00. Same for the trans. Clutches are $400.00 range. Add a Tillotsen carb, intake and exhaust and you're out of sight even before you buy controls, tires, bearings and paint. Joe
  9. joebiodiesel

The OldMiniBikes All-Terrain, Trail Bike, Pack Mule, Tote Gote & Utility Bike Thread

A couple of weeks ago I came across an older Rokon. It's a '69, missing the engine, clutch, trans and tank. The gearboxes and drive shaft are still there though. After checking the prices on putting it back to original, I recovered from the sticker shock, and decided to do a Honda clone...
  10. joebiodiesel

'69 Rokon Trail Breaker

A couple of weeks ago I came across an older Rokon. It's a '69, missing the engine, clutch, trans and tank. The gearboxes and drive shaft are still there though. After checking the prices on putting it back to original, I recovered from the sticker shock, and decided to do a Honda clone...
  11. joebiodiesel

Quiet muffler

Try a stock Predator one. So many folks take them off to put headers on, I'm sure you could get one for a song. They're even cheap if you had to buy a new one. Joe
  12. joebiodiesel

Yamaha 1974 GT 80 front fender

Maybe try Bike Bone Yard - Motorcycle Salvage Yard Stocking Many Diverse Parts I just bought an engine from her. She may have the rest of the bike. Got a great price on the engine, but it wasn't the best. Trans had water in it. Clutch was rusted, and it was really an engine for an MX bike...
  13. joebiodiesel

Minico Trail Jet

I'm not sure if the tank was ever changed. The seat has though. The one in your pic is the original style. Mine is a replacement. Also, the handlebars on mine also fold. What's missing is the large plastic knobs to turn the bolts. Joe
  14. joebiodiesel

Minico Trail Jet

Do you mean like this one? https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/vbrides.php?do=viewride&rideid=93 If so, let me know. I'm not actively trying to sell it. It's the first mini I ever bought, but I could be talked out of it. I see you're in Va. I'm just south of Ridgeway on Rt 220. Va is a big...
  15. joebiodiesel

Repowering rupp roadster 2

I've got the original style Tecumseh for my Roadster 2, but I run a hemi predator on it for bombing around the neighborhood. A lot more power. Quieter. There are a few threads on using the 20 series on a Rupp R2. Here's one I participated in...