Recent content by johnnyftw

1. J

Just got my second baja, the Mini Baja, is this stock or modified?

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what motor this is so I know which parts/performance kits to get for it. I'm assuming it's the stock motor. Possibly a 196cc? It looks a lot like a non-hemi predator but I'm afraid of buying an OldMiniBikes non-hemi perf kit and finding out something won't bolt...
  2. J

This is what I have for the torque converter... https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/torque-converter-3-4-bore-41-chain.html https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/-9-7-belt-asymmetric.html Are those the correct parts, and will I need to purchase anything else to make it work on my mb165? Also going to grab a...
  3. J

Awesome, thanks for the info Doug. If I need to order engine parts, can I order stuff for the non-hemi predator or does it have to be specific to the mb165 due to differences? Reason I ask is because it looks like an old non-hemi and it looks like parts may be interchangeable. Edit: Also...
  4. J

Any good places to get OEM parts for this, and maybe some info about the engine/chain setup so I know what I'm working with? Currently going through some user manuals on the Mini Baja that I found online to see if these have any useful info.
  5. J

Just traded in to this Baja Mini. So far it definitely needs new grips, throttle, possibly a tire, seat(broken bracket), and a thorough cleaning. Headlight is missing and I haven't looked in to it far enough to see if the wiring is still there for it. Has some kind of 6.5HP from the looks...
  6. J

Baja Blitz w/ 6.5 and Stage 1 Kit - What's next.

Well I finally got the bike done(so far) with the 6.5 hemi predator, HRMB engine plate/hardware/clutch/chain kit, and OldMiniBikes Stage 1 Kit. Gets up goes quickly, can launch on my Kawasaki KD100M and get a healthy head start before it gets passed on the top end. This thing is a blast. Throttle...
  7. J

6.5 Predator(#60363) swap on old Baja Blitz, have questions.

Went ahead and finally ordered a new rear caliper...and the OldMiniBikes performance kit. This free bike has cost me roughly $340 so far. Still need to get a chain/clutch guard, possibly wheel bearings, and eventually a set of tires for it.
  8. J

Am I at the point where I need to modify it further to get more pull/torque/acceleration out of it? As noted in my first post I'm 6'2" and around 228lbs so I am a big guy compared to this little bike, and I'm guessing that's my problem.
  9. J

Not sure I want to mess with the governor with all the horror stories and warnings I've read on here, haha. Clutch is the max torque? 12t 3/4", the one recommended by hotrodminibike for the predator 212. Rear sprocket is oem Baja blitz, haven't had a chance to count teeth yet.
  10. J

I adjusted the throttle stop out, but it seems like the butterfly is max open long before I hit max throttle on my grip/hit the throttle stop. The bike takes a while to get up to speed. Perhaps it needs a bit more ponies or torque for someone my size? Throttle still seems a bit sluggish, too...
  11. J

I'll probably get that PMR chain guard next week, and possibly the Stage 1 kit because why not. I've marked/labeled the parts I added using the throttle linkage kit from hotrodminibike; I've marked/labeled the cable holder I added from the throttle linkage kit; I'm pretty sure the first pic...
  12. J

Picked up an old and completely stock Baja Blitz out a field on some property my parents bought and it was missing right grip/throttle/throttle cable, had a seized clutch and chain, and the caliper was beyond repair. I got it running as-is with a little elbow grease and PB Blaster but it...
  13. J

New Baja re-Build

Awesome build.
  14. J

New to the forum.

Thanks!
  15. J

New to the forum.

This is what the blitz looked like the day I brought it home, about a month ago.