Recent content by jophisaz

1. jophisaz

hot shot mini bike

just for reference lol, below is what the orange bike above looked like when i got it!
  2. jophisaz

Bearkat Twister

Hey Mitch, We still need to get the new decals on order! It is just not a Hot Shot without the decals!
  3. jophisaz

Bearkat Twister

Hey Mitch its me your brother from another mother...aka Joe
  4. jophisaz

hot shot mini bike

Just an update. I have posted these before. I have been in contact with the Callahan brothers and we have formed a brotherhood of Hot Shots. I am still in search of my original Hot Shot that was sold in Phoenix AZ in the mid 1990's. It has a blue fiberglass tank, and fiberglass rear fender...
  5. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Sorry for the late response.. The orange one is a tall frame and the blue one a standard frame. You can tell by the support at the triple clamp on the front of the frame.
  6. jophisaz

Bearkat Twister

If you still have this Twister and want more info let me know. I have the full history.
  7. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

The 340 runs like a champ, so does the 230, 340 practically jumps off the pavement, only had it to about 50mph, scares me to death! cant imagine going any faster, i bet it will do 80 or 90, i have it geared high, 16 tooth front sprocket.
  8. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

So i finally got both Hot Shots finished. The orange one (believed to be owned by Guy Wakefield, per his daughter) has a Rockwell JLO 340 and is a monster. The blue one came out of Kansas owned by Dave Lipperton of Dave's cart and cycle, it has a JLO 230 and is really loud!
  9. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Hello, i am looking for someone who has a tall frame Hot Shot with a Rockwell JLO 340 in it who would be willing to share some pictures, I have one and need to make the motor mount adapter.
  10. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

I will take some pictures tomorrow of my 5hp to compare, Tim is this still available in Tucson?
  11. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Hmm could be, definitely not a 6hp motor.
  12. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Could be. Still runs great! Bob said his Dad only made 5 of them.
  13. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Bob Tod told me his Dad only made a few for the wives apparently. My Mom ride this alot. My dad and his Dad were good friends so it makes sense.
  14. jophisaz

1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Twister Pictures Here are a few more pictures, one is me in 1969 sitting on Dean Callahan's (owner of WaCal and the Hot Shot) green Hot Shot. the other two are of my twisters, the green one is a 6hp that was my fathers ride and the red one is a rare 5 hp (smaller frame made by Jim Tod...