Recent content by jsonthes

1. jsonthes

Simplex Challenger Axle Rebuild

Thanks Jim, I should have asked him, I have bought many things from Tom he is the guru, is this Jim from MaxTorque?
  2. jsonthes

Simplex Challenger Axle Rebuild

Anyone know how to rebuild the dead axles on the Simplex Challenger 60'
  3. jsonthes

Do they still make West Bend engines????

powerbeeengine.com makes everything brand new now!
  4. jsonthes

Also has a shaved flywheel for lighter weight, engine cover is a poor repop new that could be polished up nice.
  5. jsonthes

I bought for 300 and have 125 in new parts, timed properly, with high compression head gasket.
  6. jsonthes

New rings, bearings, gaskets, electronic ignition, GEM muffler, bench tested. Engine is a racing block ported with boost cylinder, ported exhaust and intake, stepped crank CW rotation.
  7. jsonthes

I have a rebuilt 820 I would sell for 750
  8. jsonthes

Simplex sportsman compact wheel removal

My on going saga with chain coming off, I figured out chain was hitting bolts of the added bolted on #41 84 tooth sprocket bolted on top of a # 35 72 sprocket. I would like to remove rear wheel to remove 84 tooth and go with a #35 chain. How do you remove wheel, it appears as the axle needs to...
  9. jsonthes

Simplex Sportsman Compact chain problem

The chain of my all original Sportsman Compact has a problem with chain coming off, chain does seem to stretch even with new chain. The #41 14 tooth clutch is not original nor is the chain. What is correct chain and tooth number is best. It's a Continental Red Seal 175 3/4 shaft, rear sprocket...
  10. jsonthes

Looking for West Bend 820 Clockwise flywheel.

Thank you very much for checking, I'm trying to get the engine running with points with little success so far. I am using a ccw flywheel on ccw engine with cw cam for points. It has not started at FA, MA, and FR stator position, today I'm going to try a ccw cam for points. HELP if you have any...
  11. jsonthes

And thanks for checking, I appreciate it!
  12. jsonthes

Yes I run electronic points modules.
  13. jsonthes

Looking to buy a flywheel for West Bend 820 from a counter clockwise at pto engine, these flywheel turn clockwise. If not marked, it can be checked with a compass.
  14. jsonthes

Looking for a Simplex Sportsman Compact or Senior

I will contact you if I decide to part with, thanks.
  15. jsonthes

WTB: Clinton A400/90 A500 or westbend

Will you sell the complete engine which has the CW flywheel?