Recent content by jspbtown

1. J

How to "re-shape" tires

"Just put them on the wheel. " My concern is that I will not be able to get the bead to set to the rim in order to inflate them
  2. J

How to "re-shape" tires

Couple of issues....first there is some sun but its pretty darn cold out. And given the angle of the sun I really don't even have a room that I get a lot of sunlight in (surrounded by woods). Second is that I don't have tubes for them. Hmmm....maybe I might have a couple of old tubes out in...
  3. J

How to "re-shape" tires

So I picked up a couple of new tires (145/70-6) tires for the new Dirt Bug project and they came all deformed in the box. Normally I guess I would try to put them out in the sun but its pretty cold here now and the sun is still pretty low so what are some other suggestions? I have them in front...
  4. J

MANCO Thunderbird - engine suggestion

This Manco has a HS50 in it
  5. J

MANCO Thunderbird - engine suggestion

I have always found this site to be very helpful: http://www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/tecumsehmb.htm I am not sure what sized motors those are but if they are the 3.5 or 4hp models you could always bump them up to a 5hp version of the Tecumseh. I also think you need to have reasonable...
  6. J

I just couldn't stay away.....

So I found the serial number (LUAHYG10191002655). Does that help identifying the model/year? And if so are there some preferred suppliers for things like a chain guard and the wheel/neck bearings?
  7. J

I am thinking I might take a new tact on this one.....I might get it all stripped and epoxy primed and let the new buyer choose the engine (6.5hp Predator, 3hp Predator, or Tecumseh), the paint color and the seat upholstery detail. It might give someone to have the minibike they always wanted...
  8. J

Thats what I am thinking but it has the standard one on there already. Oh well....will take a look when I finish with the quad. New axles arrived just now!
  9. J

Yeah...the pedal car is a knock off. Its not collectable but it will be a cute gift for some kid. Or even a display piece in an office.
  10. J

I know it might be hard to see but there seems to be a second pully attached to the frame. Almost looks like a serpentine belt pully. I have not had any time to even look at the bike closely but would it be correct to assume this is some sort of add on and not original to the bike? So many...
  11. J

Wow...great info. I appreciate the tips
  12. J

Yup...I would say thats it.
  13. J

Saw it on Facebook....no idea what it is but I bought it. Wouldn't ya know I just sold a fully detailed HS50 that would have been perfect for it. Oh well. Plans are paint, new seat, maybe a Predator motor, brakes, controls, etc etc......Gotta choose a color. Should be done for some spring...
  14. J

HS50 shipping costs?

I have a Tecumseh HS50 that I have cleaned up and I have had several people asking about shipping but I have no idea what it might cost. Yes, I understand it depends on where its coming from and to where its going but anyone every ship one. It will be going about 900 miles. Also...how did you...
  15. J

Is this a torque converter?

You would need both an engine shaft pully, a jackshaft pully and the correct length belt to swap it over.