Recent content by judgeyoung

1. J

Any idea what this is??

It looks like it could possibly be a Gator Gadabout (either made by Glenco early on and private labeled, or possibly the predecessor to Glenco) I have one that I bought used in 1965 that is almost identical.
  2. J

The Official Fork Plate/ Decal/ Tag & Badge Thread

This is a Gator Gad-About fork emblem. It had already been painted over when I got the bike in 1965.
  3. J

The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

I have owned this 1961 Gator Gadabout for51+years! My dad traded some concrete (our family was in the concrete business) for this minibike and a Yard Hand tractor. I was 8 and my little brother was 5, so he got the tractor (we still have that, too!). The Gator seems to have been built by...
  4. J

Deal on Wheels!!!

Hi, do you still have the 4" wheel and sprocket? If you do, I will buy it. Thanks! 4" arco rear wheel 60t sprocket. $20
  5. J

Gator Gadabout mini

Gator Gadabout (Glenco made?) mini Well, I am finally getting well enough from my minibike crash in the races at the Lone Star Roundup (separated shoulder, rotator cuff strain, two broken ribs...) and have decided it is time to restore my ~1963 Gator Gadabout mini that I got back in '65. I have...
  6. J

Lone Star Roundup Austin Texas

I think I was the last to sign the release and my number was 88. And yes, my separated shoulder, strained rotator cuff and two broken ribs are healing fine. It seemed easier about 50 years ago...
  7. J

Can you identify this minibike book?

Dang, HD, YOU are a GENIUS!!!! Thanks so much! I can track it down and get a few copies for some of my friends.
  8. J

Can you identify this minibike book?

Years ago I read a paperback book about a guy who moved to the family lakehouse in Texas (near Amarillo?) with his minibike and met a group of kids there. The story records the kid's friendship with a crazy motorcycle-riding older kid and :shrug:was either true or based on truth and reminded me...
  9. J

Powell 7 HP

Yes its still for sale, and I will consider selling it as a roller. I will take $400 less motor and clutch.
  10. J

Powell 7 HP

Powell 7hp Challenger/Phantom tribute Hi again. I guess that the old Powell is going onto the ebay block. I could not list it in the ebay section of this forum for some reason. Here is the ebay ID # and a link to the listing. Not many of these left, so here's your chance. I might even throw in...
  11. J

Powell 7 HP

I've still got the Powell. If I don't hear from some of the oldminibike insiders, I'm gonna run it on eBay. Any takers from here? I travel all over Texas, so if you are patient, I might be able to drop it off somewhere for you, or meet you somewhere. I do Dallas, San Angelo, Houston...
  12. J

Powell 7 HP

I've got this rare original Powell mini for sale, probably the best minibike ever built. I think that it was originally a 4 hp, but I bought it with a separate 7HP Briggs that included a clutch/converter already on the shaft. It may possibly be from a powell, but I am not for sure. It ran really...
  13. J

Wanted: Super Bronc or Powell Project or Rider

Powell for sale Here's a couple of shots I took in the waning light, sorry for their quality. I think that I may list this on the for sale, or on ebay if someone is not interested here. I got the engine at the same place as the bike, and it is possible that the engine is a powell original...
  14. J

Wanted: Super Bronc or Powell Project or Rider

I've got a Powell Challenger with a correct-looking 7 HP Briggs swapped on. I think that it was originally a 4 hp. It runs great. I am in Bastrop. Will Take $500. Rides good with original paint, but needs to be restored to be nice. Has an aftermarket throttle. Randy
  15. J

Gator Gadabout mini

In looking at the pics of my Gadabout compared to the other Glenco, and putting together some of my memories, I think I see something interesting about my old bike. When I was 9 or 10, a couple of years after I got my mini, I decided that the fork angle looked too steep. Since this little...