Recent content by kai20

1. kai20

hs50 questions

thank you this is very helpful, as i’m most likely going to have to get a few bits and pieces in the future
  2. kai20

hs50 questions

o Okay thank you, I was assuming that was the case but I wanted to be sure before I bought anything.
  3. kai20

hs50 questions

I realized the smaller thing is the condenser, my question is do they have to be connected like that? i can’t find a single one with a connection like that
  4. kai20

hs50 questions

I cannot seem to find a single coil for one of these that is laid out this way. The short wire and the coil itself looks very similar to others but the long wire and the way it connects to the other small thing is throwing me off. It anyone has info let me know.
  5. kai20

hs50 questions

From what i know it’s original, it also had a tail light on it however i believe it’s broken
  6. kai20

hs50 questions

Sadly we don’t have any of it, but my goal is to have it assembled in the next few months, and as soon as i do running or not i’ll post pictures. It also came with a speedometer that’s in really good condition.
  7. kai20

hs50 questions

Unfortunately we’ve been cleaning out our garage so it’s been put on hold for a bit, but hopefully this weekend we are going to start it. I made sure the gap was set to .020, and I did just put the bolts were they were previously, so hopefully it’ll start.
  8. kai20

hs50 questions

Gathered all of the parts as well as the frame, everything’s in working order; it ran when parked. For some history, my dad ran this bike through the woods of PA running trapping lines as a teen.
  9. kai20

hs50 questions

I wanna give a real thank you to everyone who’s provided anything. Before the help I had really no way to attack this, I am now confident in what to do next. This project means a lot to me and my dad and i’m 100% going to keep this forum updated on the progress from now forward. I have no issue...
  10. kai20

hs50 questions

Thank you for the info. Where could I find a depth gauge? I saw in the video that a tecumseh one works best as it’s designed for these kind of engines, but different ones could work. Is it something I should just order online or something that would I could find at a local parts store. Also...
  11. kai20

hs50 questions

When I have a chance i’ll post pictures of the frame. We just got it powder coated black. My dad drove it throughout his teenage years and we both really wanna see it run again.
  12. kai20

hs50 questions

Thank you, when I get a chance I will do it again because there is a chance I did it wrong. Do you know anywhere I could possible find a new part, the wires and other small parts aren’t in the best shape after sitting for a very long time.
  13. kai20

hs50 questions

Sorry I worded that bad, I fully disassembled it as and inspected and cleaned everything as well as honing the cylinder & replacing all of the gaskets. That being said I am an amateur and was under a short time frame.
  14. kai20

hs50 questions

It ran when it was parked but it’s been parked for over a decade and because of that it didn’t run before I took it apart. I will try starting fluid next time I get a chance.
  15. kai20

hs50 questions

Yes pretty confident, all of the timing marks and such were still very visible and we checked to make sure the valves moved at the correct times as well as the piston.