Recent content by KenZ

1. KenZ

Torque Convertor for VT-1012 Trail Bronc

I got the Torque converter ordered today, spoke with the gal at MFG Supply, she gave me the phone number for the Comet factory rep. He was pretty knowledgeable about the Super Bronc. Said you can do the series 40, but it's kind of overkill, the factory put the 30 on for years with no problem and...
  2. KenZ

I'm doing a modified version of this. Dual piston caliper with hydraulic hand brake left side.
  3. KenZ

From what I'm seeing the 30 series is for up to 8 hp, I currently have an 8.5, but may look into a 10hp should I find one. Didn't the Heald factory also use 40 series?
  4. KenZ

Well it's time to start ordering parts to put this basket case together. For a non-jackshaft driven left hand side sprocket Trail Bronc, what it the ideal torque convertor model to use. I want to go with a genuine Comet model. This is what I have found that uses the #40 chain on their web site...
  5. KenZ

Super Bronc 10 Build, from the bone yard.

Thank you so much. I am ordering parts this week to get underway.
  6. KenZ

I'm back! Had to work on some projects around the house and do taxes. I solved my rear wheel/axle issue. There was a guy on the Heald Facebook group selling excess Bronc stuff. Now that I have the factory wheel/axle and hub with sprocket in hand I can get on with things. I'm going to have a...
  7. KenZ

Well, I have nothing on the rear of the bike, I don't even have a wheel yet, working on that when I get back from a weeks vacation starting tomorrow. The original jackshaft plate, if it ever had one was gone when I got the frame. A piece or 2.5" channel iron was welded there to hold a kick...
  8. KenZ

Rear drive wheel with extened flanges: So here's what I'm attempting to do for a rear drive wheel with flanges for the rear sprocket and disc brake disc utilizing the wheel and hubs from MFG Supply. I'll get the chain wheel and brake disc from Staton...
  9. KenZ

Tonight's work after Walking Dead, got the plastic tank back to black. Scrubbed it with a white non abrasive Scotch Brite and Westleys Bleach White then put Westleys Plastic protector on it.. Almost good as new. The cap is missing the clear dome top and gasket, but I can make a cork gasket with...
  10. KenZ

Okay, for Today's exploration... Bare with my guys, I'm getting up to speed here on what I need and the correct terminology for each, I know I'm the FNG, but someone has to be! :D Drive Hubs : So, the Biggest issue will be the correct size for *Peerless* style drive flanges for the rear chain...
  11. KenZ

Rear disc brake possibility. Link here: https://www.hotrodminibike.com/product/hydraulic-brake-system-monster-moto-80/ What to you all think? I think that it would need to mount like Kimball did it on the later bikes he built as pictured by Stupid Bronc on page one of this thread. If the...
  12. KenZ

Pics for above. The third one shows the crankshaft adapter off, left, and on Right.
  13. KenZ

Did some investigation on the motor.....There was a plastic non tamper cover over the adjustment screw on the carb. Is this the adjustment you say I need? Next, I found a company that makes the 7/8" to 1" adapter on eBay....See picture. So maybe I can do this with this motor and not have to...
  14. KenZ

Okay, on to the motor I have. Also compliments of my inveterate junker neighbor Carl. It's a nearly new Sears Tecumseh 8.5 hp. I know it's not a 10, but it was free. I know the tank has to go away but it's got the right tank filled carb with float. It has an intake manifold that may or may not...
  15. KenZ

Thanks all! :) Made a little progress this morning. I got the front axle apart and off the lower fork legs, this was all assembled when I got the assortment of stuff. The bearings tapped out with a 16" long " 3/8" extension bar. Luckily I was able to see there was a flat snap ring that needed...