Recent content by Kleyny

1. K

30 and 40 series max rpm question

Can you please post a few photos of the driven sleeve in place? I have put a sleeve on the driver I'm wondering if your idea to put one on the driven might be better. Thanks
  2. K

First attempt at porting.

It's all good deadpixel. I haven't even started on the carb yet. Slow and steady wins the race lol. I'm way too new on these little engines to jump in too deep lol. I definitely interested in what I at home can do after porting, filing key way to get more ponies. I like the idea of tinkering to...
  3. K

I was able to get a dremel bit through the port to get to the short side. But I wasn't sure how to smooth it out. Thin emery tape makes sense
  4. K

I found Dyno Don's page this is where I had the confidence to get in and have a go.
  5. K

That makes sense. Man I love forums. Even though I am an old car mechanic you can't get this type of experience unless you're in a performance shop, which sadly I'm not. thanks heaps
  6. K

Building a non hemi predator Test Motor

Ole4 I noticed you have head studs instead of bolts. What size are the studs?
  7. K

Are you talking to me or deadpixel ? He has has gone further than I have.
  8. K

What he said lol. I'll be spinning mine no more than 5500-6000.
  9. K

I have given my head to a friend who does valve work for a living he has re-cut the seats and ground the valves. They look so much better than what they did. He said they were no where near right. Ill see if I can find a bit like that at the hardware store I do have a dremel bit you can replace...
  10. K

I have decided to jump into the world of porting. I have started with removing the sharper corners and around the valve guides How much more can I take out before I lose too much bottom end? Please be gentle it's my first attempt. I still have to finish them off I just want to know if I...
  11. K

Possible new aluminum flywheel for GX/GX clone?

Ok thanks. I wonder whether you need the gx vertical coil to go with it
  12. K

Possible new aluminum flywheel for GX/GX clone?

Dragging up an old thread here. Has anyone ran these flywheels? I have been given 2 to try
  13. K

Coil bind?

Hmm. Something has made the cam go like that. It's leading down the path of the being faulty. Have you heard back from BSP yet?
  14. K

Coil bind?

What if it was over shimed? I don't know if these valves springs have been shimed but if it was coil bind this would be my guess. Got photos of the valve train bwl?
  15. K

Using a lash cap in intake?

Good to know. Thanks