Recent content by Liviflame

1. Liviflame

Muskin Dune Cat Find! (Help Needed!)

quick update! I've got the front end almost completed, last few things is beefing up the steering area and putting on the rear body support bars. I'll have the rear axle done today, aswell. save for the torque converter I've got. I've also found something out. the snap rings that go inside the...
  2. Liviflame

ooh, that's why you mentioned angling them 8°, ill take a look tomorrow when I'm not completely beat. great idea with the cardboard too! that'll make fixing one up lots easier.
  3. Liviflame

Alright. I think I've managed to put together a somewhat readable mechanical drawing of the motor-mount-box-thing. Here it is, in all of it's glory. Of course,I expect folks to have questions or corrections. I kinda just threw it together. Yes, I know the formatting is horrid. Yes, I know...
  4. Liviflame

youre an actual champion. thank you SO much, ill get that angle tomorrow morning, ive got a protractor that can measure that small spot. thank you SO much!
  5. Liviflame

Potentially? i appreciate it! that might work for some, but i'll still take some proper measurements of the original, just so folks can reproduce as close as possible to factory. im also not sure that will fit the differential with my axle, or the 42 tooth sprocket with the CVT end of the...
  6. Liviflame

Thanks! unfortunately, none of the plates on Hent's shop are an exact fit, i was out of town at the time so i couldnt get the measurements on my own. I've taken some photos of the actual motor mount "box." but if noone has the measurements, ill just take them myself and post my findings here...
  7. Liviflame

Does anyone have the measurements/layout of the rear motor mount assembly? im going to try to make my own, i dont want to harvest one of the two i have, theyre both in rough condition. I know the steel theyre on is 1/8th thick, but im not sure how large the "box" is before they folded it into...
  8. Liviflame

Havent even thought about that, ill probably end up doing that. also buffing the cusioning in the seat a fair bit. the original seems... thin, at best. welding is definitely not my fortè, but I'll try my best to get it "Close enough" :D
  9. Liviflame

You just replied to this, i dont see any text, did you mean to say somethin? :)
  10. Liviflame

Onwards with fixing stuff, aswell, heres the wheel, spindles, and new tie rods, ive got more steering components coming in tomorrow and the third, hoping I can at least get this thing rolling before i leave for another year lol
  11. Liviflame

Heres those retaining clips, Original on the left, new ones i bought on the right, including the baggy they came in, there are four in a bag. theyre external clips. metric m20 size. the ones i grabbed at a local shop are just a little thinner. the originals are 1/16th inch, the ones i found...
  12. Liviflame

absolutely, let me grab em. for the spindles im just going with the cheapest amazon ones i could find, and running those. along with a crappy rubberized wheel i found on there too.
  13. Liviflame

Got the axle apart, finally. took a significant amount of swearing and "impact" wrenching lol. Got new bearings, flangettes, and got apart the diff to clean it. the poor thing hasnt been cleaned in probably 30+ years. ill be able to actually rebuild the rear axle.
  14. Liviflame

Trying to figure out if i want to buy a whole new rear axle with diff, or try and refurbish the old one into working order. I'm having a tough time getting the parts off the axle itself, the hubs are being tricky and im not too sure the best way to get them off. the peerless differential on the...
  15. Liviflame

Frame's welded, looks horrid, dont wanna talk about it lol Gonna work on the second layer, and the skid plate, aswell as taking some measurements for a bumper-bar of sorts.