Recent content by lowpro

1. lowpro

Sears ARCO, the poor man’s EZ rider

A few pics of restored rear wheel.
  2. lowpro

Sears ARCO, the poor man’s EZ rider

Just a quick update and correction. This past weekend I pulled the rear wheel to repair the tire and replace the bearings. While doing that, I pulled one of the handlebar grips only to discover that the handlebars are chrome. Previous owner had painted the handlebars silver.
  3. lowpro

Clinton 2cycle Panther 500-300

Very nice! That’s a keeper, only going up in value.
  4. lowpro

My apologies for the late reply. I’ve been sidelined with other jobs around the house and the engine has been put to the side. I have all the parts I need for reassembly, just have to make the time. RadRacer203, I scrapped the housing but kept the cast aluminum fan blade. Zooming993...
  5. lowpro

Thank you! I have the motor partially torn down. A set of NOS oem gaskets have arrived, but I’m still on the hunt for the crankcase seal on the pto side (ball bearing). I will be adding more photos as I move along, including modifying the Chikuni carb for the Clinton flange which I believe...
  6. lowpro

I really wasn’t sure what I was going to do with this engine, but it ran so well, I decided to give it the love she deserved. I ordered a complete gasket set with crank seals. Also, a pz 20 carburetor to try out, worse case scenario that can go on the HS40. While waiting for those I pulled...
  7. lowpro

I agree... I love old engines too! It ran well considering it still needs a proper carb.
  8. lowpro

Tecumseh diaphragm carb ID

Well the answer was sitting right in front of me further down the list. It looks like it was from a H30 or H35. 4C9 is the date code, I’m guessing 1974 March 9th.
  9. lowpro

Short video idling
  10. lowpro

Compression test
  11. lowpro

She’s looks rough but she had an easy life. This was from an air mover used by the local volunteer FD. It looked way better when I stuck her in my shed 17 years ago. Maintenance book suggests between 60-70psi and she spot on 70, maybe 71 lol. Ran it for only a couple of minutes as I felt she...
  12. lowpro

Tecumseh diaphragm carb ID

Hey guys and gals, I finally started work on the Clinton 2 cycle engine I’ve been holding onto. Someone had replaced the carburetor with a Lauson unit, which I’m trying to identify. I don’t believe it’s a good match for this engine but I did get it running. Anyway, on the mounting flange is...
  13. lowpro

what is this?? lol yes i know rough !!

As well as what minibikin’ said, you need to differentiate between “made by” and “sold by”. Arco made bikes for Sears and Montgomery Ward which were sold as their respective in-house brand. I have a Sears/Arco which has scrub brakes. Not sure who else they may have made them for.
  14. lowpro

I’m just learning about Arco myself so the info I’m providing is collaborated from this forum’s OG. For instance, the photo I linked was hosted by forum member CFH. Yes, it would have come with a tec engine. Arco made bikes for Sears, Montgomery Ward, as well as their direct line. It appears to...
  15. lowpro

Very nice! Upper right corner would be the closest match. http://www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/arco_cat.jpg