Recent content by madmaxthemic

1. madmaxthemic

carb linkage help PLEASE!

I got it back together right. I saw that Briggs link also its close but not the same set up I have. On mine there are two linkages that briggs and stratton are calling "govenr linkage bars" that are squeezed very tightly between the motor and fuel tank bracket One of them controls the throttle...
  2. madmaxthemic

carb linkage help PLEASE!

I have a 5hp B&S funpower series model 136212-0132-01. Had to buy a new gas tank and forgot how all this linkage to the gov and throttle all go back the way it is supposed to. I should have taken a picture before tearing it apart. If any knows or has a manual please help, Im going crazy. Its for...
  3. more progress

more progress

4. more progress

more progress

5. Intek Upgrade

Intek Upgrade

6. madmaxthemic

6hp Intek upgrade progress

I got everything removed and started fabricating a mounting plate to raise up the Intek motor a bit and reinforce the exsisting mounting plate. The valve cover is close to the rear fender if not raised up. I got a new 60 tooth sprocket and when I removed the old one I found that the center hub...
  7. madmaxthemic

Briggs intek gov bar

I saw some pics here of a throttle hook up for a briggs intek ohv 6 hp. The throttle cable was hooked to the gov bar. I was wondering does that by-pass the gov or does more need to be done to by-pass. Or what needs to be done to remove it. Is it just the same as removing the gov from a honda.?
  8. madmaxthemic

Hey, do you possibly know who is making new mini bike frames. Not the cheap one that are sold...

Hey, do you possibly know who is making new mini bike frames. Not the cheap one that are sold as kits. Unless some are tougher than they look. Is what I would realy like is a new remake of the ruttmans or early LIl Indians maybe even at a slightly larger scale. Please if you know some one...
  9. madmaxthemic

Doodle bug 6hp intek upgrade

Just started today on the installation of a briggs 6hp intek. I might even smash the original with a sledgehammer and video tape it for everyones viewing pleasure.
  10. madmaxthemic

Briggs Intek

Just got a used briggs intek-190 6hp for free. Fuel tank and carb was filled with water. I cleaned out the fuel tank and got a rebuild kit for the carb. It runs great now and I want to up the horse power. Any tips for a low cost 3-4 hp gain. Also will a Tav 2 fit on these. Thanks, I know...
  11. madmaxthemic

GX 160 carb

Just a GX 160 and it runs ok I was just looking for more carb options. Would a Carb from a GX200 or bigger fit right on.
  12. Have minibikes, will travel

Have minibikes, will travel

Have minibikes, will travel
  13. madmaxthemic

Thanks, yeah it would be for me . I wiegh about 210. How about the top end was there any...

Thanks, yeah it would be for me . I wiegh about 210. How about the top end was there any change. Some things I have read say its like having an over drive gear without changing the rear sprocket. Have you concidered reducing you rear gear for less torque ane more top end. I thinks thats...
  14. madmaxthemic

Hey. I was looking at your pictures of you torque converter installment and was wandering if...

Hey. I was looking at your pictures of you torque converter installment and was wandering if they are worth it to get. What were some of the differences you noticed. Mostly interested in the change in top end if any. I think I under stand how they work, by squeezing the top belt it forces it...
  15. madmaxthemic

3.5 briggs

No, but maybe just at least get it up to 7 hp. What would that take?