Recent content by Mark G

1. Mark G

Trailhorse resto....mod

I'm pretty sure the band drum is just bolted to the Manco wheels using spacers, pretty simple setup. I may be able to get some pics this weekend. Fenders came out great!
  2. Mark G

Bonanza Chopper engine plate

The first generation Scout chopper (1969) has a flat engine plate. The second gen (1970-up) has a lip on the front. I have seen some with a (rectangle) ID badge on the lip, and some without. Does anyone know what years did/didn't use the ID badge?
  3. Mark G

HM80 only runs with choke on

I'd pull it off and check the float height first. Also check your gasket for proper sealing. With the frame mounted tank you won't need the fuel pump. What was wrong with the old carb? The rest of the bike looks pretty clean.
  4. Mark G

Ricein west bend 820 rail road tie chop saw conversion

I have one of those, it's an absolute beast, makes a Stihl look like a toy. Made for cutting rail road track. PTO spins CW. You can get parts on ebay, as well as a few other places. Don't forget you will also need a mount, and a proper clutch. It can add up fast. I would suggest leaving it as...
  5. Mark G

governor explode

Joined thirteen years ago, and this is your first post? I believe this has been discussed before;)
  6. Mark G

1970 vs 1971 Rupp blue color difference

If you are referring to the Roadster/Roadster II, 1971 and up were all black. Gas tanks and fenders were colored. I believe the blue used then was darker than the 1970 bikes.
  7. Mark G

Road registering my honda z50a mini trail

That would explain the politeness:)
  8. Mark G

Billet Intake Manifold For Honda GC Engines

Not likely. Yellowhand passed away years ago.
  9. Mark G

Road registering my honda z50a mini trail

It would really help if you stated where you are from, as laws vary state by state. What is DVLA?
  10. Mark G

H70 wiring

Those are neat bikes, made in Wisconsin. kinda uncommon, I believe they only made 125.
  11. Mark G

Bonanza Chopper

The Coker repro is the closest available: https://www.cokertire.com/tires/coker-classic-trials-14-6.html
  12. Mark G

Ruttman Spyder Originality Questions (~1977)

^^^^What he said. Clean, original bikes are getting harder and harder to find. That one's a beauty!
  13. Mark G

Show off your advertizing pieces...

Going to a minibike party today, gonna be sporting this vintage trucker cap:
  14. Mark G

what is it ?

Somewhere around there. I have a one owner (technically three, my buddy bought it from the original owner then sold it to me) with the original receipt and it's dated 1970. None of the brochures/manuals that came with it are dated though. I'd happily sell it, as I never use it.
  15. Mark G

Great Deal in Kansas City

Possibly a scammer, but still maybe just a good deal? They're still out there, just gotta act fast