Recent content by markus

1. markus

Go Kart Cycle Big Bear Scrambler

I don't, sorry
  2. markus

That was my thoughts too, would have been a good start to pattern a retro style frame off of. I was thinking half breed GKC and 500 Cub which turned into the Bird Wren. That would minimize the tubing bends since they had straight crossbar up front.
  3. markus

I’m looking for a mini bike engine

Hows the bottom end and carb from your engine? Hopefully good? Thats a good setup (Rupp enduro as well, would be interesting to verify if that was an original to the bike engine). Its the extended shaft ball bearing if the shroud is original to the engine, the C designation though shows that...
  4. markus

Vintage 1970 Taco 100

Right on! sounds like its gonna have the style of the Gene Woods bike, I Dig it! Love those monster 14 5.50's they used on the backs of those!!!!
  5. markus

yellow jacket

I think they called them starburst heads, and yea they were way cool!!!! I've only ever seen one in an article but not on an engine, they were pretty tall. The Horstman head for the Briggs and the Wiseco head for the Tec's was a little more doable on the bike frames.
  6. markus

No one was bidding, thought I had a chance but theres some action this morning so I am bowing out, can buy the "rump" of one on ebay right now :) http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=333478906337
  7. markus

Does Briggs valve guide reamer cut the steel Tec guides clean enough??

I only have access to B&S 3hp parts right now, all the 5hp stuff is packed away. I did check the stem measurement and I actually get a reverse on the stem size (intake would be the only one that you could swap on those) the exhaust valve is too small on the older blocks at least the tecumseh...
  8. markus

Yea, it is engraved/marked as HSS. Its from new Briggs stock and was just a sealed bag package but the reamer is made in India. It does have the same style straight cut and blade count as the finish reamer you use to run through the guide after you install the insert on a Briggs, the one I have...
  9. markus

Vintage 1961/62 Caper cycle

It was like a "boot start" all thier boots got put in a pile and mixed up and they had to race to them, find the boots, get them on, and then go race. they had like field meet type races and hare scrambles going on. I love how the bikes are just tossed arpound on thier sides....like you would...
  10. markus

Like the title says, anyone just use the Briggs 9/32" guide reamer to do oversize valves on the Tec small frames? I dont know if the reamers have a different edge/blades or anything like that since the B&S is intended for the insert rather than the valve riding direct in the bored hole, and...
  11. markus

Cat 400x drum brake

They used a wheel hub that had a deeper offset flange, BMI karts has them as they bought out Dave Libberton's old HPE/muskin stock he had. I don't think you can find the one piece drum sprocket that HPE used, but the Lomart used brakes and sprockets also found at BMI, again out of Dave's old...
  12. markus

Looking for a high profile (tall) rear tire for a 5 inch rim.

I dont think they do, at least not for the US market and I dont think the studded pattern is made at all anymore. there are some tires in that size floating around in different tread patterns, pretty sure the typical 11x4.00-5" size you see here in the US will only be 11" OD but fatter so watch...
  13. markus

Vintage 1961/62 Caper cycle

Did do a lot of framework to this a few years ago but since I can't find or fix some of the original brake pieces I am most likely going to have some more framework in order to fit some upgrades/changes. 1961/62 Caper Cycle from Walla Walla Washington. West bend 700 with some upgrades, and now...
  14. markus

hs40 crankshaft.

@delray has a contact/source to get the cranks reground. To answer your 2nd question, yes a standard length ball bearing crankshaft up to 1980 will fit and work just fine (hs40 only)......Problem is it will be just as tough to source one as it would the longer.
  15. markus

Looking for a high profile (tall) rear tire for a 5 inch rim.

Old school 4.00x5 were the oversize tire for the 5" wheels. they were between 12-13" aired up. This is an old stock (NLA) cheng shin 4.00 x 5 next to a good year 4.10/3.50x5" both loose off wheels.