Recent content by markus

1. markus

What did my son buy

They were Made by Stellar that is the "Mark I" without the lights.
  2. markus

NOS Tecumseh Lighted flywheel 1971-1980 HS50 (some HS40) 33660

NOS Tecumseh Lighted flywheel 1971-1980 HS50 (square shroud HS40 as well '74-80) 33660. New in the box never mounted or installed, All magnets have equal strong pull. There is one chip on a fin (see pics), Its small enough that its not an issue but there fins on these are in fact replaceable...
  3. markus

Big bear scrambler? What to do with it??

That is actually a "Taco" mini bike. Its very cool, just start by cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, as It looks very complete and solid where you may not have to source too much which will probably be a little more difficult due to location.
  4. markus

Engine dismantling

Once you get that Driver assembly off the seal on the crankshaft/sidecover WILL have to be removed first before engine Disassembly can happen. There will be a retaining snap ring that fixes the crankshaft to the bearing that is retained on the sidecover internally before you can safely pull the...
  5. markus

1970's Sears Roper Street Legal

heres a link to a thread with a good pretty much OG example of your particular model which was the HS40 version (tank mounted on engine), not the Remote tank H50 one: Street legal Roper I am just getting ready to paint the "Example" engine Tecumseh built for the first 4hp bike off the Roper...
  6. markus

Craftsman Tecumseh ser 0032B

They didn't revise the serial numbering system to have the plant/shift code (the letter at the end) until December of 1970 according to Tecumseh literature, so you can rule that out. It's most likely 1980 due to color, Model number cross referencing can verify the decade though.
  7. markus

Show off your advertizing pieces...

Its kind of like the cardboard fuzz that you find covering old NOS shortblocks and engines when you unbox them, just like any old part, needs a little cleaning, Figure this version rug is 25-35ish years old range. :) Oh yea, I finally found a mate the Mug you got a couple years back :p...
  8. markus

HS50 New old stock crankless short block #2

Tecumseh never made a dual bearing engine in these sizes, current sidecover is bushing, but that can be changed to bearing and you get single bearing. It an HS50 so it uses the HS50 only crankshafts which had many different PTO configurations available,
  9. markus

New old Stock HS50 block and parts #1

This block/parts have been SOLD!!!
  10. markus

Old bonanza

in addition to what mountainmini just posted, there is a long extended strut for the brake cable that hangs off the bottom of the arm for most of them due to where the lever was located on the early fairbanks brake assemblies. They also used different axle adjusters that were pieces of tubing...
  11. markus

Old bonanza

Indeed they did, Clintons too. I don't think Tecumseh was the standard engine until sometime in 1967 which is when you can see the change in literature. Early '67 adds/photos still show the bike like is listed *which those photos would have been taken in '66, and Lit/adds by Christmas of that...
  12. markus

Old bonanza

actually, That style bike would have had that badge, perfect example is the Dan blocker Bike in Rod and custom sept '66, compare things such as the earlier brake and swingarm configuration, That early style fender, etc... I would say its in the late '65-earlier 66 timeframe. Engine, shocks, and...
  13. markus

Truck load of Intek 206!

Last batch of shop class 475 series Briggs I got were that way, think out of 5 I actually could only get like 2 complete running engines out of the batch!