Recent content by Michigander

1. M

MAYTAG ENGINE MINI BIKE

When I was a kid in the 70s, I bought a two cycle opposed twin engine very similar to the Maytag from a junkyard to put in a minibike. I wish I could remember more about it, but it was old then. It had a gas tank mounted on top, a pull starter, and a common exhaust manifold. With no idea what...
  2. M

Tote Gote Model B Expanded Metal ?

I have a local scrap yard that lets clients wander through looking for metal for projects. It's hit or miss on any given day, but I have found lots of good bits of steel and aluminum, including pierced and expanded for different fabrications. And the tabs holding the side screens on my Tote Gote...
  3. M

Cushmans, Tote Goats and a Tule Trooper

I love these early work bikes. They were designed to haul things and do real work in difficult terrain, and were built to be dependable to get the job done every day. That is a very good collection of some hard to find examples.
  4. M

TOTE GOTE book *new larger size*

I would like one of the larger format books,. Do you accept Paypal, or how do I complete the purchase?
  5. M

Anyone know what trail bike this is?

Tote Gote owner here, and I'm curious why the Sherpas have the engine turned 180 degrees? Does the transmission reverse the rotation to the final drive, or am I missing something here?
  6. M

Anyone know who made this bike?

I agree, ahead of its time. I saw a photo of one of these years ago, and have been watching for one since. I didn't know the brand until I saw this thread.
  7. M

Looking for Owosso Explorer Trike(s)

I have no connection, just saw this on Facebook marketplace for sale in Flint, Mi...
  8. M

Looking for Owosso Explorer Trike(s)

I live ten minutes outside Owosso, MI., and have seen these pop up occasionally over the years. Will keep my eyes open, but many of my good flea markets are closed.
  9. M

Tote Gote Fest - 2019

Has the 2020 Fest date and location been announced, or is it the same location every year?
  10. M

History: Mini Bike Factories, Suppliers and Dealers

I still have one, and have some tires from a six wheel Argo type ATV, which can be made to work with some modification. Most of the Terra Cats I see now are converted to rimmed wheels and tires.
  11. M

History: Mini Bike Factories, Suppliers and Dealers

I can supply some information on the manufacture of Terra Cat mini bikes , manufactured by Rankin Manufacturing in Durand, Mi.. These were.larger adult sized fat tire bikes, with rimless balloon tires and a 5hp Clinton engine They were manufactured from the early 70s through the late 70s, and...
  12. M

Wanted - Tote Gote 404 front brake assembly.

Looking for a front brake assembly for a Tote Gote 404. Would like to pay fair price for a good working or restorable example. I am also looking for an original rear fender/wheel cover. I'm in central Michigan.
  13. M

Tote Gote 404 barn find.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I ended up going with a B&S 5hp flathead on my Tote Gote 404, but will use the Predator on something else.
  14. M

Tote Gote 404 barn find.

One thing to keep in mind with this bike is the torque converter jackshaft is mounted quite high rather than level with the crankshaft. Make sure whatever engine you choose doesn't have anything hanging out beyond the case from the top of the engine. I know a predator 212 will need a...