Recent content by MikeInOhio

1. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

Thanks man. I grabbed the Wisconsin because I'd never seen one. I just assumed briggs and techs were the only things around. Looks just like both of them though. And the stock Mikuni carb was a pleasant surprise when I got it cleaned up. The oil dip sticks have Japanese characters on them also...
  2. MikeInOhio

Offer up ad in Ohio

Here's a beater in Ohio right now. Not mine, if I had more room it would be though
  3. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

I thought that same thing, the only reason I went with a straight one is because it's what I had laying around. Although I'm sure I can fix that for a couple bucks
  4. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

All in all, this was pretty fun to put together. Not a ton of money, and not a ton of time. But definitely fun. Here she sits. Now if this snow would just go away...
  5. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

For the cables, I went with some slick colored jams. You can get bicycle cables in different colors. You can also get colored caps for the cable ends. Also aluminum caps for the cables themselves to prevent fraying. I think it's a cool custom touch
  6. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

Got new tires, wheel bearings and a new band brake. Gotta be able to stop right?
  7. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

Gas tank and seat were next on the list. Bought a gas tank off of flea bay, kinda pricey, but worth it for the look. I decided to try making the seat myself. Now I've definitely stuck a piece of foam on some plywood and wrapped it like a present, but this venture required a little more finesse...
  8. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

I got the engine back together and running nicely, but I kept thinking it was really clunky looking in the frame with the stock muffler and airbox(which I've only got half of). I says to myself, Mike, if you're 13 and you own this bike, its gonna be a Frankenstein hot rod bike, cause that's how...
  9. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

I also re lapped the valves seats and took a shot at porting/polishing the intake and exhaust. Never done it before but I figured if I messed it all up, it's a 20 dollar engine. I didn't mess it up, and i think it turned out ok.
  10. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

First, I wanted to clean up the engine. I knew it would fire because when I bought it, I threw a little starting fluid at it and she barked at me real dang good. It was pretty dirty, but I got it cleaned up. Bought a new gasket set and got to work.
  11. MikeInOhio

Manco 250 build

Hello all. I picked up a Manco 250 last spring for a real cheap price. The bike was almost a roller. It came with a Tecumseh snow thrower unit on it. Also came with wheels and flat tires. It sat in my garage most of the year just looking sad, but I had every intention of putting it back in...
  12. MikeInOhio

Gx160 crankshaft troubles

Looks like I've got the T2
  13. MikeInOhio

Gx160 crankshaft troubles

Back in February I picked up a used Honda gx160 engine for 40 bucks. P.o. says it needs the carb cleaned and a new sparkplug boot. Now at the time I didn't know jack about these engines, ( obviously I still dont), but I figured how hard could it be? The engine was from a dredge pump so it has a...
  14. MikeInOhio

Bravex vs. Max-Torq

I recently purchased a couple Bravex clutches and have a question. The 10 tooth for 40_41_420 works nice. The 12 tooth for 35 on the other hand... looks well made and solid. I put it on a stage 1 built predator on a db30. After about 35 40 minutes of riding it kept trying to engage while the...
  15. MikeInOhio

18# valve springs

I have a non hemi, and the new set was supposed to be for a non hemi.