Recent content by milldew

1. milldew

Bonanza wheel dissassembly!!

wow awesome site, everyone here is cool. My notes .. my cut and slot method , you can still soak the bolt pb blaster works great. My method is a last ditch before the drill and tap . You can use heat to the point before it will affect the wheel the aluminum will expand and your out. A pencil...
  2. milldew

Bonanza wheel dissassembly!!

take a narrow cut off wheel cut slot on the head of the fastener. Be ready with a big single blade screw driver. Push hard and turn counter clockwise. Some times a quick bang with the hammer on the One at a time, the heat from cut off wheel slot will help loosen the screw. So be quick cut...
  3. milldew

Looks likes it's been a while since I posted, Why not take a second to intoduce myelf

Hello everyone, I am from Wisconsin. I have a old mini bike. I recently swapped out the old motor from a 1955 (reel type lawn mower) to a more period correct engine. On my old 70's ? mini bike The old cast iron motor you had to reel the rope on the spool to pull over, no rewind starter...
  4. milldew

whats the oldest Briggs you`ve seen???

check the oil in the air filter (oil bath) at the same time! I think those old motors had blow by from new. mostly from the valves on start up. 1961 ( see above orange motor) had open starter cup, must of been like the last year of that?
  5. milldew

zeeman a S5 is 1.5 hp briggs from the late 40's early to mid even late 50's it sports a 1.5" bore 2" stroke looks just like a Briggs S6 . These motors were made by the millions (before mini bikes?) That A4 is a washing machine motor? lets us mount that to mini. yea haw! My old 2 hp...
  6. milldew

Never seen one of these before now its mine

the link came out as my Bird "Nighthawk' build, just to note:---> It's not my Nighthawk "build /motor bike "
  7. milldew

you would not have to cut/hack it up ( like a mini chopper) But what do you have to lose? most mods are "undoable". A restore is cool beans, but my self good brakes / tires a jazzy look and you tool around the pits in style. Let some one else restore it, or later change it back to...
  8. milldew

In need of electrical advice!!

holly smokes horryzontal you nailed it. And thats one sweet ride, is it restored? I want one of those under my tree this year. wow.
  9. milldew

Stupid homelite! You make me look bad!

Homelites have a cylinder that is "chrome plated" unlike higher quality 2 strokes that have a chrome empregnated cylinder wall. If motor get hot or used allot, the plateing gets hot and flakes off. sometimes if even feels like you have compression. I suspect thats whats happened.
  10. milldew

stator itself is under flywheel correct? it may or may not have a gound wire off the coils / engine block itself is also ground (earth) it may have a ground wire that can go to negative terminal of battery. the frame the fenders the (non power lead on) stator are all earth, and can / should...
  11. milldew

I am no expert but the condition seems so poor even if it was "rare" how much could it be worth? Jazz it up the way you want, you will have more fun. Those rim spokes are freaking me out If I had to do over I would have done a disk brake over rear sprocket. If nothing else they look bad azz
  12. milldew

a rectifier changes AC current to DC, a condensor is a storage tank for current. A regulator controls the amount of flow in the system. The stator (generator dynamo alternator whatever you name it) makes the current. Check all your grounds
  13. milldew

gbones, the early engines had a rivited on plate that had the numbers. Mine is missing it, is a 2hp "S6" 2" stroke 2" bore. Was orginally on one of those old reel type power lawn mowers that weigh a ton. Yes I painted it all that jazz, It starts first pull idles way way down and has a...
  14. milldew

here is my old motor a early 50's briggs
  15. stick kaa

stick kaa

Decal Graphic whatever I call it a stick ah