Recent content by moetrout

1. M

Chain trouble

I had nothing but problems with TSC chain. Constantly stretching it seemed like. Maybe could not handle the horsepower. I think that stuff is meant for low rpm machine applications. Go with good RLV chain and don't look back.
  2. M

Super Saturday Race September 28th at Milan Dragway.

Pics from the staging lanes:
  3. M

Yes! Same here! I only hit one race this year. Life got in the way of that. Divorce and a new girlfriend kept me busy and not much time for tinkering and racing. Still though I think I made progress with my mini bike. I'm not trying to go really fast, just fast enough for me to have fun...
  4. M

Racing went ok. I started out with the bike still being loose. I made some adjustments and had one good run by the end of the night. I had it geared down so top speed was only 49 mph. I'll put the new clutch on with the higher gear and that should put me closer to 60. It topped out pretty...
  5. M

Weather looks good for tomorrow. Changed the oil in the bike last night. Need to put on my "tail light" and pickup a 1/2 gallon of premium on my way out.
  6. M

Well,, it looks like I' am swapping in a GX-200 in the modded MM-80

How fast do you want to go? Have you put your numbers through the speed calculator? That can help a little to decide where to start.
  7. M

Ah! Then if buying a Max torque clutch do get the 13 gear. That particular clutch is a little more than a 12 tooth because the 13 can be swapped out to up to I think a 16 tooth gear, where the 12 tooth is not interchangeable. You can probably guess how I already know this.
  8. M

This Saturday October 19th is another Super Saturday race out at Milan Dragway. This will be my only chance to hit the track this year. 2 other attempts failed. Anyone else going?
  9. M

I run 12/58 right now with a 10" rear slick and I have run it with a 13" rear tire and it was fine. 13/65 should be ok, but why not stick with the 12 tooth clutch and change out the rear sprocket? It would be cheaper.
  10. M

Tell me a little more about the hidden gem in your pics.....that work table! Almost looks like a plywood top on a office chair piston hard mounted to the floor of your garage. Am I right? I like what you are doing here. I just picked up a pair of motovox' and want to make a trail bike out of...
  11. M

Seat Fabrication...?

I used several layers of carpet padding for my homemade seat. I used 3M spray adhesive to put them together.
  12. M

New Motovox projects

Picked up these 2 last night for $150. Funny thing is when I got to the house to pick them up I realized it was a house my Aunt use to own. The guy selling the mini bikes is a 3rd cousin! Anyway 2 stock motovox's with the little motor. He said one ran ok last year and the other did not...
  13. M

Moe's Motovox drag mini.

Yup, unfortunately I didn't find out in time and drove all the way out there. I did check their website before I left. How did you find out?