Recent content by nico_v

1. nico_v

DIY 11 HP flathead minibike

Thanks! My main worry is the shaft itself, it's only 5/8'' I think. But I think it's worth a shot. Worst case is the shaft bends or the backplate bends or cracks, either way it should be easily fixable if something does happen. There's 2 bearings in the backplate, one in the front and one in...
  2. nico_v

So as you saw in my previous update, the TM28 is in place. I've also balanced the flywheel, here's a new video: https://youtu.be/-c-eHBiV8Ko Mikuni TM28 carb, intake, flywheel balance - Minibike tuning part 3 - YouTube I'm currently working on stretching the frame I'm thinking of maybe...
  3. nico_v

Thanks! I have been really lucky with my machines, would you believe me if I said I paid $150 for that lathe? And there was absolutely nothing wrong with it! And I have another larger lathe that I also got for $150, and a horizontal mill for $100 ;) Counting myself very lucky there, but I've had...
  4. nico_v

Thank you, that's nice to hear! More to come :)
  5. nico_v

Thanks! Yeah, the rod is my main worry atm. I'm trying to find out if a horizontal 28 cui rod would work, those seem to be popular in lawnmower racing. I think they are the same engine, but the 28 is bored a little larger than my 25 cui. But I want to be sure before I order anything of course...
  6. nico_v

Thanks! Yep, that was grams. The flywheel was out of balance quite a bit (60-something grams) but I was too eager to test and couldn't wait until I fixed my balancing rig. I figured the incomplete aluminium fan would almost counterbalance it. I have balanced it now, have only tested idle so far...
  7. nico_v

Yeah I'm on DooTalk every now and then, have to check if its the same video, everyone is free to share them of course :) That 4 cylinder is my friend's sled but he wanted me to do the video. We shot some more material a couple of weeks ago but I haven't edited it yet, too busy with minibike...
  8. nico_v

Thanks! :) Yeah I love my Doos! It feels good to be on an actual active forum, seems like most forums (of all kinds of topics) have kind of died out over the past couple of years, that's why I started doing Youtube build logs.
  9. nico_v

Dutch minibike build.

Awesome build! Very nice work, I like it a lot! Our side of the pond definitely needs more minibikes :) I've been trying to convince my friends to start building too but so far no luck, they love to take mine for a spin though. Btw, Nederlander here too but living in Sweden, I moved here 18...
  10. nico_v

So that was all last summer. This summer it's time to start tuning the engine a bit. We still have some snow but snowmobile season is over, so I got started about 2 weeks ago with some baseline runs. I did a 95 km/h (59 mph) run with it last year, which was way faster than I want to go, so I...
  11. nico_v

And here are 2 pics of the finished product. It was in desperate need of some new rubber, I went with the fattest that would fit. Clearance is probably around a mm in the front :)
  12. nico_v

Starting to look like a bike now I got cheap and went for a 30 series, just wanted to try it instead of a 40 to save some space as well. So far it seems to be doing fine. Time for a quick rattlecan paint job. All back together I used a VM28 carb off a Suzuki 125, this turned out to be a...
  13. nico_v

Thanks! :) Let's see if I can get some more pics in.. More jig stuff, the planks had grooves milled in them to keep everything parallel. Test fitting the engine again. That looks about right.. The frame made it to the floor, fork in place and setting the height for the...
  14. nico_v

I'd post more but there seems to be a limitation on the number of pictures I can post in a new thread So I'll continue whenever it gets approved or something. If you can't wait, you can see the finished product and more on my Youtube channel. The latest 2 videos are about this summers project...
  15. nico_v

Hi all, I figured I'd start a thread here about the minibike that I built last summer. It all started out after accidently seeing some minibike videos on Youtube, that looked like a lot of fun so I decided I needed one too. One problem, over here in Sweden we don't really have minibikes of the...