Recent content by oldcat

1. O

Cat mini bikes

Weld...yes, the best solution....but then they wouldn’t be "removable" as boasted in the H.P.E Cat catalog and ads. Why was that a feature to boast about? Maybe so you could fit the bike in the trunk of a car to transport to riding grounds?? I don't know. The cost of having chrome...
  2. O

Just found a pic of my dad on my old Go Kart

woops, I looked again and see that those aren't bare feet...lol
  3. O

how old are you?

I'll be 50 in two months. In the words of Sally O'Malley, I'll be able to say: "I'm 50, 50 years old" Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Sally O`Malley If I can keep from bashing the back of my head on the floor of my local roller rink, and aside from a recent onset of a variety of joint...
  4. O

Just found a pic of my dad on my old Go Kart

That's priceless. I love the bare feet. I always had to wear shoes when I rode my go-kart because my shoes were my brakes. My dad bought the primitive solid tire (non-pneumatic tires) kart sans brakes and equipped with a worn-out Clinton engine, which gave out shortly. When the kart...
  5. O

Cat mini bikes

I like those forks :scared: They remind me of riding my 400x when I was a kid while trying to "catch some air" over a small bump in the trail, snapping the two bolts holding the "removeable" handle bars on. I do recall that riding a mini-bike with a set of detached handle bars in your...
  6. O

1970/71 Azusa Recreational Components Catalog

1970/71 Azusa Catalog pages 21-40 of 40 total Heres the last half of the catalog.
  7. O

1970/71 Azusa Recreational Components Catalog

Here is the 1970/71 Azusa Recreational Components Catalog I scanned from front cover to back cover. There are 40 pages of full-size scans. that make you cry. Here is the first 20 pages (max pics allowed per post) including Cover and table of contents. Even though you can't get this...
  8. O

2 seater gokart I picked up

Do you have any idea what vintage/brand it is. Interesting how the steering linkage is below the frame and floor pan. I've been trying to find the one and only picture I have of my go kart I had back in 1968.
  9. O

1970/71 K&P MFG./Bug Products Flea Mini-Bike Literature

You're welcome guys. I'm happy to be able to give something back in exchange for what I've learned here so far, and I would just like to say that: Also, I just posted the K&P MFG Bug Go Kart section of the Catalog in the 'More than two wheels' section. Check out these badass vintage racing...
  10. O

1970/71 K&P MFG./Bug Products Kart Literature/Catalog

For you Kart guys. My dad ordered this catalog around 1970 and it was my "dream book" when I was kid. I also posted some Bug/Flea Mini-Bike stuff from the same catalog here...
  11. O

Here you go Flea fans Here you go guys. I left the scans full size for max text and pic readability and since I noticed the site automatically resizes them so it doesn't mess with thread page width..a cool feature btw. The kart stuff has some really baddazz karts .. where should I post...
  12. O

I found my childhood “dream books/catalogues” and am in the process of scanning them to post here for you guys if that’s OK with site admin. They are the 1970/71 K&P/Bug Products Kart and Mini-bike Catalogue and a 35 page Azusa Recreational Vehicle Component Catalogue. I’m almost done...
  13. O

Mini-bike on Dumb & Dumber ...who knows...

what brand bike that is? This has probably been discussed here before but.... The mini-bike scene in the movie Dumb & Dumber is one of my fav parts of that movie - does anyone know what brand mini-bike they are riding? It looks like it might have an Azusa 3-spoke mag type wheel on the...
  14. O

Introduction - and Cat mini-bike questions..

Yep, a Dana 60 from a 1969 Ford F-100 with 5-lug semi-float axles. No aftermarket axles or parts of any kind and no failures of any kind with hundreds of low 11 second/high 10 second passes. Axle flange-to-flange measurement on this truck unit was only 3/8" wider than the stock Firebird...
  15. O

Introduction - and Cat mini-bike questions..

Thanks Dodge for the info - I appreciate the offer and I may look you up on a sprocket. The seat man sounds like the way to go - what's a ball park figure on a seat. It's early in my search but I haven't been able to find my front axle and nuts (for the mini-bike :wink:) so I'll check...