Recent content by Orson_Yancey

1. Orson_Yancey

Would OldMiniBikes like to have a forum for PhatMoto and other motorized bicycles?

A separate forum within OldMiniBikes dedicated to PhatMoto sounds good. Many of the PhatMoto owners are looking for engine and drive train upgrades. OldMiniBikes has good forums on engines. In my opinion, a flat head engine is the perfect engine for a PhatMoto. The PhatMoto All Terrain is the larger frame.
  2. Orson_Yancey

Would OldMiniBikes like to have a forum for PhatMoto and other motorized bicycles?

Hello Community, I have been researching the PhatMoto Rover and All Terrain motorized bicycles. These motorized bicycles have engine and drive trains similar to mini bikes. I. e. a bolt-on 4 cycle engine and a centrifugal clutch. The community of PhatMoto people is growing fast. I believe...
  3. Orson_Yancey

Interesting things you find in a

For vertical shaft lawnmower engine.
  4. Orson_Yancey

Rupp RTM 80 transmission oil ?

Air compressor oil is 30 weight non-detergent.
  5. Orson_Yancey

Chaparral st80 cc 1972 oil change help

Air compressor oil is 30 weight non-detergent.
  6. Orson_Yancey

What years did Tecumseh place points under the flywheel but external coil outside above flywheel?

Hi, In the 1960's and 1970's, Tecumseh used a magneto (points, condenser, and coil) located behind the flywheel. And I understand that it is difficult to change these engines over to electronic ignitions. By about the mid-1980's, Tecumseh changed over to electronic ignition, (CDI solid...
  7. Orson_Yancey

About what year were emissions carburetors introduced?

Hi Folks, I know that the minibike community is made up of some of the most knowledgeable small engine people--CFH, Markus,.... About what years did Tecumseh and Briggs introduce emissions carburetors? Maybe the mid-1990's? I collect and work on snowblowers. I am thinking of phasing out...
  8. Orson_Yancey

Tecumseh HS40 HS50 connecting rod improvement thoughts

Hi CFH, I have the late Tecumseh manuals set and many of the Factory Training Tecumseh Updates 200X that were published each year up to about 2008, when Tecumseh went out business. Here is my understanding: The original HS50 was renamed LH195SA Then about 2006 or so, Tecumseh manufactured the...
  9. Orson_Yancey

Thread To Discuss The Briggs & Stratton Co. Re: Filing Bankruptcy

I want to start a thread. As many of you probably already know, Briggs filed bankruptcy on July 20, 2020. I hope that there is some way that Briggs can come-out of bankruptcy and survive. I hate to see an American Icon disappear. Many of us grew-up with these engines as part of our most...
  10. Orson_Yancey

Some Tecumseh Seal removal driver tool kits on Ebay right now

Hi Skipp, Dave, I plan to purchase the kit from Markus as described above. If it saves Markus some time, I am happy to photocopy the sheet and send you a paper copy my USPS. Please feel free to send me a PM and then we can communicate by electronic mail. Orson
  11. Orson_Yancey

Hi Markus, Yes, I am interested in purchasing. Let's talk by PM. Orson
  12. Orson_Yancey

Hi Skip, Yes, that is the large Tecumseh took kit for almost all general repairs. I have see tool set numbers of 670195[C,D,E,F]. I found this number in my Tecumseh Service Tools manual, Form No. 694862 R5/00 I last saw that tool kit for sale in about 2008, but the kits I saw were missing...
  13. Orson_Yancey

Building my first mini bike from scrach!

Please have plenty of air circulation while welding galvanized steel. Drink a great deal of milk 8 hours before and 8 hours after, will help your body get rid of the zinc oxide, in your blood stream. The zinc oxide will cause flu like symptoms. The old timer welders taught me about drinking...
  14. Orson_Yancey

Two or three seal removal and driver tool kits are for sale on Ebay. One of them states that the Kit number is 691301 kit These kits have about 15 pieces. Come in a small red box, dimensions about 6" x 10" by 5". From reading the directions included in another similar kit, it mentions...