osu1978's latest activity

• osu1978
    osu1978 replied to the thread Mikuni selection advice.
    I run the Mikuni VM22-133 and it should be plenty carb for your build. Would not go any bigger. Throttle modulation is great on the...
  • osu1978
    osu1978 replied to the thread Coleman CT200U Disc Brake Setup?.
    I put a rear rim on the front and now have a front drum brake but it sounds like you need dual discs for that speed.
  • osu1978
    Where do you live, Antarctica?
  • osu1978
    What a great ride. Thanks for sharing. I am thinking about buying kenda scorpions when its time to replace my tires. Did you get...
  • osu1978
    osu1978 replied to the thread Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!! Back Surgery.
    Good luck. A friend had a similar procedure and they are doing great. Just make sure to follow the recovery procedures 100%.
  • osu1978
    I would completely remove the governor and plug the hole. If you will be opening up the engine in a couple months to upgrade parts then...
  • osu1978
    osu1978 replied to the thread Top Speed.
    44 mph right now. Geared it one time to see how fast it could go but once it hit 50 and was still pulling I knew that was fast enough...
  • osu1978
    There should be a small washer on the top of the frame and one on the bottom to eliminate that gap between the triple tree.
  • osu1978
    osu1978 replied to the thread Tachometer accuracy.
    If there is no way your engine can spin 8000 then the tach is either broken, installed incorrectly or the setting is incorrect. just...
  • osu1978
    osu1978 replied to the thread Tachometer accuracy.
    You probably have the tach set to the wrong type of engine. Depending on the setting, my tach can read double the actual rpms. As far...