Recent content by outlawamps

1. O

Dr. Shop Teacher's Tonic le Moto--Broncco T-XL

It will reduce the efficiency by being smaller. The question is how much.
  2. O

Dr. Shop Teacher's Tonic le Moto--Broncco T-XL

Nice work, and great shoe horning! I wonder how much it will affect braking capacity with the radius being that tight?
  3. O

Hemi GX140 build

Cool, never seen those. Kinda reminds me of the old "Fire Injectors" JC Whitney sold back in the 70's. We always used Autolites in the drag bikes. You speak of vaporization... It was Really strange, the Pro Drag bikes (carb'd) smelled way different than the Pro Fuel and Top Fuel bikes (injected)...
  4. O

Hemi GX140 build

Yeah, lol... You have to be really careful with nitro when the temps drop. I'll never forget one year at Rockingham on the morning of eliminations... the temps were down and the air a bit damp. I bet I heard 6 fuel engines blow up, one right at the line when he wicked it for the burnout...
  5. O

Hemi GX140 build

Ok, that makes sense. We used a squirter type oil can with gasoline or methanol to fire up, and simultaneously hit the main valve from the fuel tank. I miss those days.
  6. O

Hemi GX140 build

VERY cool backdrop story! Thanks for sharing that... I’ve not heard of using toluene in the fuel, but when I was part of a pit crew helping a buddy with his top fuel and pro fuel Harley drag bikes in the 90’s, depending on the air we would regularly push over 90% nitro and add a bit of propylene...
  7. O

Street Moto aka "Baby Smurf"

Cool beans!
  8. O

Hemi GX140 build

Sweet. After port matching are you going to drill/pin the manifold or anything?
  9. O

Ah... I think this is one of those boards that only allows you 5 min to edit a post, and then the option is gone. Sort of silly if you ask me, but whatever.
  10. O

Bottom left when you're signed in
  11. O

No pics here, just ?'s.
  12. O

Will a horizontal shaft B&S camshaft fit in a vertical engine?

I wish someone who knew for sure would see this and comment. I would *think* that it would be the same part#... it would help keep down costs of engineering, manufacturing, and inventory. That is what mfg’s like to do since it increases their profit margins. That being said, the vertical shaft...
  13. O

Left for dead 5 Briggs roars to life!

When I was reading your description, I was thinking in a metaphorical sense... It was literal! It had really been shot! :D
  14. O

NGK failed for the first time.

Maybe not... It would be hard to keep lit at 15:1 :D
  15. O

NGK failed for the first time.

There’s a reason the Top Fuelers love and use Autolites.