Recent content by Paul Erickson

1. P

Baja 165 throttle operation

Yeah. I bought both springs from monster bike but when arrived both were the same. I checked with them and they just sent me options for others. Baja shows 2 different springs but they don’t sell parts from what I know. I’ll try a stronger spring or shorten this one but not sure if that will...
  2. P

Thanks. Turned pin clockwise and moved Governor arm forward and locked down. Still when I move manual throttle arm or twist handle manual arm moves backward but throttle does not move. I can move manually by moving valve and gov arm moves forward but manual arm does nothing to throttle position...
  3. P

Saved this bike from scrapyard, and it ran but missing some parts so got everything back in place. I had to put a new carb and retrieve Governor pin which fell inside case. I opened case and put pin back in and made sure flywheel marks were lined up and gapped valves Bought new springs and...
  4. P

Throttle linkage pictures

Thanks Good observations. I’m not sure how things connect under the the carb though. Hard to get a good picture of it
  5. P

Throttle linkage pictures

Is there a readable picture of how springs and linkage connnect on a Baja 165 carb? Not working right
  6. P

Governor pin

Thanks got it back in place.
  7. P

Governor pin

Thanks. Yes the shaft the Governor arm clamps to. There was no clip on it and pretty sure it fell back inside the case. Before I open the case I wanted to see how it connects inside the case and if repairable
  8. P

Governor pin

Old Mimi Baha seems pretty similar to Coleman. Restoring and old one and the Governor pin slipped inside crankcase. If I open case can I access it? Is there a correct position to place it when reinstalled?