Recent content by Putter

1. Putter

I am an old retired guy. Do any of you still work for someone else?

Thanks! The open frame motor started life as a 1965 Pittman DC84 train motor. It's my most recent build, called a "magwinder." First ones were built in the 1960's. The motor comes with heavy end castings, a magwinder, built of magnesium, deletes the original castings. The builder puts ball...
  2. Putter

I am an old retired guy. Do any of you still work for someone else?

I was a machinist since 1970. Absolutely loved my job, creating beautiful goodies every day. Told folks I'd probably never retire and they'd find me dead in front of my machine some morning. (worked nights) Well, hit 64 and the guys I'd been working with for decades started getting seriously...
  3. Putter

What is this ugly thing?

That's a Briggs & Stratton 393010S Lo-Tone Muffler with a Briggs 399541 Spark Arrestor. Sounds great in my opinion.
  4. Putter

What is this ugly thing?

Yup, Baja. They do make a fun toy. Here's mine, built a few years ago with a few engine mods on its 212 Predator and torque convertor.
  5. Putter

What vintage Minibikes were made in Colorado?

Timbercycle of Denver manufactured a trailbike similar to Tote Gote called a Grizzly. Mine has a six horse Briggs and a high/low jackshaft. It does run but should be restored. I believe it was made around 1966 per the build code on the Briggs.
  6. Putter

Stripped threads

You can trust a Heli-coil. Before retirement, I was an aerospace machinist for decades. Every threaded hole in aluminum parts was heli-coiled from the start, brand new! You're trusting your life on them every time you fly.
  7. Putter

Need help in ID

Thank you, guys. It got sold before I got the sellers address! $50 Wahhh, next time. Can't win them all!
  8. Putter

Need help in ID

Hey guys, I'm guessing this is something I need to grab up. Can you help me in ID'ing it?
  9. Putter

Post your cars!

Here's my 1994 Chevy 350, 4 speed, 4.10 gears, 16" of rubber on the ground each side! Sounds nasty, but it ain't! Her name is Phaedra and at 7000 lbs. she doesn't pass many other vehicles!
  10. Putter

Largest rear sprocket available for MiniBaja MB-165 ?

I used Gopower's 60 tooth on my MB165. Perfect fit, no problems. They also have an aluminum 72 tooth option. https://www.gopowersports.com/4-hole-mini-bike-sprocket/
  11. Putter

Scored a Grizzly trail scooter today

Hey guys, it's been awhile! Got the Grizzly running after all these years and it's a blast. The strung spring Lycett seats on this scoot were toasted. The seat frames were broken, covering long gone. I ran into brand new knockoff replacements on eBay, bolted right on to the original...
  12. Putter

Introducing "Sasquatch"

Resurrecting a thread from nearly three years ago. I've been on a roll selling off a few mini's on Craigslist. Thought I'd sell off this one too. I hadn't even started it since I brought it home three years ago. I put in fresh gas, lubed the clutch bushing and chains and pulled the rope three...
  13. Putter

we know you have them lets see you secret project

Here are a few shots of my "secret" project. I've been plugging away at my MB 165, it's getting a 10hp Tecumseh and just in case that's not enough power, a clone torque converter. :doah: I added some cool treaded AT19x7-8 Speedracer meats hoping to hook up with the ground sufficiently ...
  14. Putter

2002 Honda Metropolitan

Thanks for the compliments and recommendations everyone! :thumbsup: Lil' "Cherry Pie" got sold to a wonderful young couple yesterday, the young lady will be using it to get to work. Now, I need to get back on my Grizzly project and/or buy another fixerupper. :wink:
  15. Putter

2002 Honda Metropolitan

Took her for a little cruise today and took a few pics. Being a woosy bike, I gave the pics a woosy background, too. :girl: Bob