Recent content by race

1. R

Vintage Taco Mini Bike Fuji 2 Stroke Engine Old Minibike

I messaged the seller and he said the Fuji motor was 80cc and that he had bought the bike 'as is' so he hadn't done any of the original build work. I assume it is a 4-speed as he did not answer that question. From what I have googled it puts out 6-7 HP and is basically a Hodaka clone. I was...
  2. R

Vintage Taco Mini Bike Fuji 2 Stroke Engine Old Minibike

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155956226655?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110025%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPOSITELISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D258160%26meid%3D8b16821a332c4db19e9f032a366c4f7d%26pid%3D101506%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D25%26sd%3D315029342584%26itm%3D155956226655%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D3458402%26a...
  3. R

Anyone know more about this twin engine bike?

Thanks Jim. And I hope they went with Max Torque on the clutches. The bike could easily be putting out 20+ HP! :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:
  4. R

Anyone have pics of how they did the drive train? I like how they mounted the engines fore and aft as opposed to the side by side Double Trouble bike ... which made for a rather wide mid section. You probably came off a little bow-legged after riding it. :)
  5. R

Are those 820s? What frame / bike did it start out as? Interesting fork design. Any pics of the other side? Would love to see how they handled the power train. ( Pic is from the 'Girls and Mini Bikes' thread #575 on p. 29 ).
  6. R

Favorite movie and other nonsense

Ha! I'll admit to getting sweaty palms a couple of times while I watched. lol
  7. R

Favorite movie and other nonsense

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15325794/?ref_=tt_mv_close I finally got around to watching "Fall" which had been sitting on the DVR forever. Not great but a decent "B" flick. It will get to you though if you have even an average fear of heights! Some clever filming really pumped up the altitude...
  8. R

Girls and Mini Bikes

Say ... that's a nice bike! Are those Benders? Twin 820s?
  9. R

Cheapest place for shipping a couple bikes

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/needed-mini-bike-frame-transport.178799/#post-1317604 And try doing more searches on transport, shipping, etc.
  10. R

Horstman header / muffler for a mini ?

Hey ... I wish it was mine. Just pics I snagged, probably from here. I'm working ( slooowly) on a Taco 44 with a WB 820. The thing is, on a kart it's all stuffed behind you and there's plenty of room. On a mini bike you have far less room, need to stay clear of the chain line and not fry your...
  11. R

MAYTAG ENGINE MINI BIKE

And only run it in Permanent Press mode on Cold water setting. :scooter: That's nice work on the pipe!
  12. R

Horstman header / muffler for a mini ?

Short of a full-on expansion chamber it seems like these are rated the best way to go for two-stroke engines. But kind of tricky with double spouts to deal with. Has anyone tried or have pics of one being used on a mini bike? And how does their sound output compare to ... say an Azusa with the...
  13. R

Quarter Horse on Ebay

US $11,500.00 or Best Offer? Sheesh !! Did the Quarterhorse always come with a 610 or was the 820 an option?
  14. R

Exhaust header for Mac49

I did not know that he was going to do all the two-strokes. That's great news. BTW - totally satisfied with his quality of work on the 820 Azusa I picked up from him.
  15. R

Exhaust header for Mac49

There's a guy making really nice repops of the full Azusa header (with the end caps) and hardware for a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, he is only making them for the West Bend 820. But I've heard some chatter about him possibly doing them for the Macs. The trouble is there are a lot of...