Recent content by Recklessford

1. R

Retro Mod Taco Build

Thanks JCW! It's been a great bike! It's been four years now and it gets ridden on weekly basis and my wife has been drag racing it at Symco the last couple of years.
  2. R

Best “stock” style carb?

Yes, they are fun style rules and they don’t get very specific. I’m pretty much trying to play along. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

Best “stock” style carb?

Thanks Dave, but can’t run a slide style. I already have a a Mikuni vm22. I need to run a traditional butterfly style and I’m trying to figure out if I can match the power and drivability I can get with the mikuni but the a butterfly style carb.
  4. R

Best “stock” style carb?

Hi Cfh, I did check out your thread where you compared the different HS40 and HS50 carbs and it was very interesting. I don’t want to pigeon hole my self one specific engine but i will narrow it down to a 200ish cc OHV 4 stroke with some mods that would put them beyond there original 6hp...
  5. R

Best “stock” style carb?

What would you say the best universal “stock” style carbs are out there that are obtainable, adjustable (by needle or jet), for 6-10+hp and a good performer on the level of slide or tilly. I know the HS and HM series carbs are popular as well as the predator carbs. But is there a real solid...
  6. R

Recklessford’s 2018 Build Off - Anything Goes

I'd like to say a big Thank You to everyone for checking out my build and all the nice words! This place is awesome!
  7. R

Yeah, no problem. It's just a hemmed edge, but the edge was tipped to about 90 degrees in a bead roller and then folded over the rest of the way by hand (hammer and dolly).
  8. R

I'm there! It's the one show that I really look forward too. We're in vintage camping this year. I'll probably have this in the drags this year. Wife was in the drags last year. :laugh: :scooter:
  9. R

That's funny because all I remember seeing were predators. :wink:
  10. R

English Wheel Build

Great thread! I also am very new to the English wheel and just made my first official parts. I've relied a lot on Lazze metal shaping for a resource.
  11. R

All done as seen in the video.
  12. R

Thanks guys! https://youtu.be/vtwCooZX-mc
  13. R

Help with 2 cylinder engine ID

There we go. Thanks to you I was able to find this thread which has a very clear picture of the engine and engine tag. It's clearly the same engine. Thank you for the help!
  14. R

I didn't mean to give the impression that I own this bike. I don't. I just like the engine and would like to find out what it is.
  15. R

I don't really care about the frame, (appears to be home built) but this engine has me really intrigued. Any idea what it is??