Recent content by Richard Trotter

1. Richard Trotter

hot shot mini bike

can't wait...
  2. Richard Trotter

hot shot mini bike

Thanks for sharing the Hotshots. At one time these bikes were a mere legends with little documentation.
  3. Richard Trotter

hot shot mini bike

Great shots, The expansion chamber exhaust is beautiful and the first I have seen.
  4. Richard Trotter

BearKat engine mount plate rubbers.

How bearkat did the motor mounts is a puzzle to me. How did they weld them together without melting the rubber?
  5. Richard Trotter

Sidekick engine?

Some Had 3hp Briggs and some had 4hp, depending on the model...
  6. Richard Trotter

Bearkat project progress.

Nice job!
  7. Richard Trotter

Bearkat Twister serial# Engine size ?

The Briggs model 140000 motor started with a HP rating of 5 3/4hp, and was upgraded to 6hp when the coil/flywheel polarity was changed. This caused a lot of confusion when ordering parts. Information on this motor was left out of many Briggs manuals.
  8. Richard Trotter

Bearkat was bought by Todd sales in Phoenix. They developed the Twister in 1964 using a 6hp Briggs motor.
  9. Richard Trotter

This ad states the motor was "Tecumseh 6-HP all aluminum motor". You may notice in the 'EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE'... "Optional 8 1/2 HORSEPOWER Gov't Rated 2 CYLINDER MOTOR (Special Order Only)". I wish I had more information on that option.
  10. Richard Trotter

Bearkat

11. Richard Trotter

Sportsman manufacturing co. Denver Colorado model ????

Your sticker should look like this...
  12. Richard Trotter

Sportsman manufacturing co. Denver Colorado model ????

The second sprocket may have been added to vary the gear ratio in different trail conditions. Nice Twister! The Sportsman sticker was added but not factual.
  13. Richard Trotter

Tote Gotes

The original Tote Gote fenders for the 760 had compound curves and are very hard to find.
  14. Richard Trotter

Tote Gotes