Recent content by rustjunkie

1. R

No more cushion

This summer I've been getting to know my newly purchased 1969 Tote Gote 750 It's complete and all stock except for its 8 horse Tecumseh engine. I've decided it needs new rubber bushings on the motor mounts. Does anyone offer these for sale as nos or will I have to "improvise" replacements...
  2. R

just keeps pullin'

OK, no techy wiz-kid here. Gonna try again to send some pix. Here goes . . .
  3. R

just keeps pullin'

Thanks for your advice about lubricating with dry graphite. When the clutch finally releases, it makes a loud clunk like it was sticking. Maybe the graphite will free something up? Also will try to follow directions and attach pix of the clutch and the tote gote. Thanks again for your help.
  4. DSC04353

DSC04353

my new 750 gote
  5. DSC04352

DSC04352

my new 750 gote
  6. DSC04351

DSC04351

my new 750 gote
  7. DSC04377

DSC04377

comet clutch 1 inch shaft
  8. DSC04376

DSC04376

comet clutch one inch shaft
  9. DSC04375

DSC04375

comet clutch one inch shaft
  10. R

just keeps pullin'

I'm into old stuff, esp vehicles, and in February I wrote you guys about my proud purchase of a 750 Tote Gote. It's running great now, I live in the mountains with challenging trails, and I let it take me wherever it wants to go. I'll be 69 next month, and I'm talking some steep, twisty...
  11. R

Shout out from the white mountains of arizona!!

A week ago I drove to Flagstaff and bought an original 750 Bonham Tote Gote. HAD to have it!! Just what I need, ANOTHER mechanical project/puzzle/preserved piece of history. It's powered (or should be powered) with an 8-horse Techumseh (sp?) engine. Did not know if it ran or not when I...