Recent content by scrappybunch

1. scrappybunch

Heathkit Boonie Bike Finished!

Growing up in the early 70's there was a kid on our street that had a boonie bike. I was so friggin jealous! Yours looks awesome! Now I'm jealous of yours lol
  2. scrappybunch

Barn find

King of all side poppers!!!
  3. scrappybunch

Starting with this mtd trail bike. Before pictures. Which tecumseh motor?

Maybe the intake manifold from a vertical shaft would fit. Or this odd ball, not sure what this came on...
  4. scrappybunch

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/tecumseh-hs50-cam.162397/page-2#post-1217350
  5. scrappybunch

Side popper, with a HS4 cam in it. The exhaust port will be the intake port, and you fab up a cool looking intake/carb facing forward. Just to be different.
  6. scrappybunch

H35 hybrid build

You are the master of Tecs!!!
  7. scrappybunch

HSSK50 small block mods

Tig weld all the bolt holes closed, drill to correct pattern. Then reface for flatness. Yeah I know, not worth it. But that head is used on engines that make pretty good hp for a stock flat head.
  8. scrappybunch

HSSK50 small block mods

What engine did you use to order a head? The head I had in the pic, found in a metal scrap pile, with what appeared to be a Tec block..
  9. scrappybunch

Interesting Remote Filter Set-Up

I remember some of the Craftsman edgers had a remote paper air filter mounted up high on the handle.
  10. scrappybunch

HS40 timing marks?

When I was a kid back in the 70's I tried advancing & retarding cam timing by one tooth. Started and ran, but not much difference from stock. Also tried the lighter flywheel from a rotary lawn mower. That made a difference in acceleration, but really hard to get running.
  11. scrappybunch

Just picked up an hs40

Good thought!! I agree, and without any marks on the valve, had to be the old rope trick.
  12. scrappybunch

Just picked up an hs40

If water was sucked in, the connecting rod would bend or break first. I bet the valve was stuck open, and someone tried to free it, tapping with a hammer & screw driver through the spark plug hole.
  13. scrappybunch

no spark HS-40 on 2 different motors?

Or the magnets are out of time with the key way if it's not the correct flywheel.
  14. scrappybunch

H35 from random parts

Always cool to watch them fire up!