Recent content by sdrolet

1. S

Heathkit Boonie Bike Original & Nice

Thank you for all your nice comments . . . The bike has been sold! I miss it already and it's still here! I'll allow the new owner to reveal himself :thumbsup:
  2. S

El Burro Sand N Sno Torque 5

Sadly its time to part with a couple of my bikes. This Torque 5 is all original except it's missing the brake handle, cable, and caliper that grabs the engine brake (see last photo). It is a beast! I took a picture of it next to my Boonie bike to give you a perspective of it's size. It really...
  3. S

Heathkit Boonie Bike Original & Nice

Sadly its time to part with a couple of my bikes. This Boonie Bike is all original, from the seat (which has just a little yellowing in the welting) to the two speed shifter. It's a beautiful looking and perfect running bike. Even includes the front ski option. If you'd like to use U-Ship, I...
  4. S

WTB El Burro Torque 5 Brake Assembly

Have to dig it out . . . But I will this weekend. Thanks George!
  5. S

WTB El Burro Torque 5 Brake Assembly

Hi! Looking for a brake assembly for my EL Burro Torque 5. There is just a disc attached to the motor shaft where the brake assembly should be. I'm not sure if this is a universal part I could use off another bike or not, but I sure would appreciate some guidance from all you guys in Michigan...
  6. S

Original Boonie Bike with Ski

PM Sent. :thumbsup: Thanks! Scott
  7. S

Hi James, Thanks for selling the Burro to me. I've spent today riding it up and down the hill...

Hi James, Thanks for selling the Burro to me. I've spent today riding it up and down the hill in front of my house. It's been a blast, but needs more power. I've found a slightly higher resolution pic of the Velzy Burro, and wonder if you can tell what kind of engine this thing had? I'm...
  8. S

WTB Complete BURRO Santa Ana, CAA Minibike

It was nice meeting you today James. Thank you for taking the time to show me all your bikes and karts, and, especially for selling me the Burro. It's in great shape and I feel extremely lucky that you were willing to part with it. Thanks Again! :scooter: Scott
  9. S

Sorry, just saw your footnote that it's for sale. Please call me at 323-353-8246 when you have a minute. Thanks!:thumbsup: Scott
  10. S

That's it! The only picture I have is the one I posted with Dale Velzy riding it. The Burro brochure makes no mention of his minibike line. However, Burro Buggies are made of the exact same 1" tubing. Please let me know if you'd be interested in parting with it. I'm attempting to collect the...
  11. S

Sorry Teeks . . . Went AWOL for a while! Here's a pic of my stainless steel Burro buggy: A picture of Surfer & surfboard maker Dale "The HawK" Velzy's Burro: and a pic of Velzy on what is purported to be a Burro MiniBike:
  12. S

Looking for any model of the Burro minibike made by Hilder "Tiny" Thompson in his Santa Ana, California shop . Tiny also made the Burro dune buggy, but trying to find one of his minibikes now. Thanks! Scott (323) 353-8246