Recent content by sparkwizard

1. sparkwizard

Simplex project

WOW!!!
  2. sparkwizard

How to post pictures (Test Area)

You NEED more brakes! Are the tires rated for Highway speeds? Have fun and be safe. Dave
  3. sparkwizard

Predator 212 Upgraded and No Start

Your picture wasn't very detailed, but it looks to me like the chips on the bench came from the corner of the head AFTER the head bolts were loosened. Did you have to pry on the head to get it off the hollow dowel? That scar on the corner of the head didn't cause your leak, unless those chips on...
  4. sparkwizard

How to post pictures (Test Area)

Very nice! Can you show a pic of the other side? Chain looks close to 1:1, so I am curious...
  5. sparkwizard

Nibbi PE 24 on upgraded predator 212 hemi.

The reason Mikuni carbs are suggested is because they are easier to tune and they seem to stay in tune a whole lot longer. As stated above, the idle mixture screw on Nibbi carbs is very sensitive. It can vibrate from good to terrible in a 1/4 turn. We wish you the best of luck. Have fun and be...
  6. sparkwizard

Nibbi PE 24 on upgraded predator 212 hemi.

Have you said anything good about yours?
  7. sparkwizard

Stock, original fiber-type head gaskets are much better at sealing imperfect surfaces than the thin steel shim gaskets are.
  8. sparkwizard

As suggested above by @creia , you should check the head and the block surfaces to be sure they are flat. When the head is off, I'm curious about that flaking on the corner. Please post a picture of the gasket surface on the head?
  9. sparkwizard

By header, are you referring to your exhaust header? I don't see why it would need to be replaced, and unless something is really installed wrong, I don't think it caused your low compression.
  10. sparkwizard

Do you know what chipped the head like that? Yes, if that trash was torqued into the head gasket, it might cause a leak. New gasket, torque to specs, adjust valve lash, TEST COMPRESSION and repeat leak down test before you even put fuel in it.
  11. sparkwizard

Smog pump supercharger

The head will bolt on if you need less compression.
  12. sparkwizard

You also made no mention of a head gasket. I would start there.
  13. sparkwizard

Without knowing your cam specs or your head/ combustion chamber specs, I can only say 60 is always better than 0. I can also say that at 0 PSI, it will be nearly impossible to start.
  14. sparkwizard

Smog pump supercharger

It'll be a shame to blow up such a nice engine.:oops:
  15. sparkwizard

What is your cranking (pulling) compression? Big cams bleed off low RPM cylinder pressure. After pulling multiple times, is your plug wet, is it dry, is it wet and black, is it oily, does it still fire? Stock carb is always my choice.