Recent content by Steve A

1. Steve A

Post your cars!

I posted this a while back but the photo disappeared. 1970 Chevelle SS454.
  2. Steve A

If you were 12 which bike would you pick?

Of those two, the Duster. However, this would have been my preference back then.
  3. Steve A

Rebuilding an HS50

I have gotten some common parts, gasket set, new valve springs, new stock cam, billet rod, but haven't looked into piston or rings. I am hoping it doesn't need to be bored. It does have an aluminum bore.
  4. Steve A

Rebuilding an HS50

I am going to rebuild my HS50 in the near future. I am familiar with automotive engines, but have never undertaken a small engine rebuild. Can you recommend any favorite youtube videos that I can watch to get me started ? I have seen a few, but am looking for suggestions. Thanks.
  5. Steve A

Octane Observations

I haven't gotten any there since last summer so I don't know the current price. It was an easy experience, just bring a container and the guy pumps it for you. They take credit cards too.
  6. Steve A

Octane Observations

It might be too far for you, but I have gotten 91 octane non ethanol at the Joliet Airport.
  7. Steve A

Post your cars!

I have had this Chevelle for 22 years.
  8. Steve A

Heald headlight

I have a VT5 that was missing the original headlight when I bought it. I am assuming that it originally came with an AP 4600 ???. Can anyone suggest a somewhat similar reasonably priced light that I can use for now ?
  9. Steve A

Tec Engine Help

I have the same question. Too bad that you didn't get a response.
  10. Steve A

HH100 rebuild

I should start a new thread but I am looking for someone to rebuild my HS50, I'm in the Chicago suburbs. I have some parts already. I could probably try it myself but an not familiar with small engines.
  11. Steve A

Rupp TT500

Start a new thread in the "What is it ?" section.
  12. Steve A

Picked up a big mini bike today, no clue what it is

Saw this one at a recent show.
  13. Steve A

HS40 Rupp

Which brand or type hone did you use ?
  14. Steve A

1970 Speedway Shrike

This post is from five years ago.
  15. Steve A

Rupp Chopper Restore

I just read about your restoration, very nice !. Do you recall which paint that you used for the engine ?