Recent content by Sunnyknoll

1. S

If you could make any vintage mini frame, what would it be?

Triley: I'm not sure if they're still in production. That said, the new generation frames are not made in the same way. They don't have the one piece rolled tubes.......as you can see by where the frame meets the rear wheel. My opinion only, but I always felt they might have been more...
  2. S

If you could make any vintage mini frame, what would it be?

How 'bout reproducing an early a small frame Lil Indian. :)
  3. S

My Latest Lil Indian Build

Michael: Congratulations on another beautiful build. I have to admit, seeing the finished product almost makes me sorry I sold you this roller. (haha) As I said in our emails, however, I'm so glad to see you were the one to get this, as I knew you would do it justice. BTW, for those curios...
  4. S

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

This one is especially nice when operated in cold weather, as the heat from that motor precludes the need for any heavy outerwear. (ha)
  5. S

NOS Lil Indian Brake Caliper

John: The listed price is for "one" brake caliper........is that correct? Thank you.
  6. S

Fuel preservative choices

I'm with superflea: IMO, StarTron is the best out there. I'd have to say, one of the worst exposures for fuel is in the marine environment. Leave your boat docked (and venting) in what be might considered the most moisture-entraining locations you could think of, and you'll soon come to see...
  7. S

New Guy Here, old problem.

Funny, but I've never seen a frame like that! Sorry.....this might be a little off-topic, but that frame looks like it might be a relatively easy one for a builder to copy; meaning, it doesn't appear to have any "bends". Could even be downsized to a Tom Thumb, I suppose. If the top frame...
  8. S

If you were 12 which bike would you pick?

Bug Flea with the Yamaha 125.
  9. S

Octane Observations

Well, I've learned a good lesson here. If your mini bike has a 500 HP V8............go with 87 octane. (ha)
  10. S

Octane Observations

What? No! I would contact the "Disinformation Governance Board" immediately. (ha) My turbocharged Mercedes aside, the 2015 access cab Tacoma we have has the 24 Valve VV-i engine which is listed as having 10.4:1 compression ratio. It loves that 93 I feed it; especially when I'm towing my...
  11. S

Octane Observations

The highest octane rated gas we normally see at filling stations in either 91 or 93. Here in N.H., the highest I've seen, at most stations, is 93. 100 octane is bordering on what we might consider "racing fuel". Again, burning fuel within a short period of time in your vehicle is one thing...
  12. S

Octane Observations

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have to say this: Any gas you store/keep in cans for use in those small motors, such as trimmers, mowers, (and yeah, mini bikes,) should be high octane gas. Additionally, it should be kept "treated" with StarTron (the stuff in the blue bottle)...
  13. S

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

OMG! That's so funny.......and yet, so ingenious as well. Can you say........"PIPE DREAM?" (ha) I love it!
  14. S

Octane Observations

Okay. I think 2old makes some valid points. That said, I'd submit this: If your filling-up your Ford or Chevy (that just happens to be comfortable with 87 octane fuel), that's probably fine. If, however, your filling some 2 1/2 or 5 gallon gas can that may sit for some time in your garage...