1. teched

New Project 1971 MTD Mud Bug Trike

Thanks
  2. teched

Here is a link to the MTD in paint https://youtu.be/DfJm2Pa7Z50
  3. teched

How to remove picts, so I can post more

Hi guys, I have seemed to reached my 50mb limit, but would like to add some more picts to my Mud Bug Project Post. I tried to delete, but it only showed one check box to remove, but I have 20+ picts that could be weeded out. Thanks
  4. teched

Yepp...never ends
  5. teched

How to post pictures (Test Area)

His guys, I have almost reached the max 50mb of picture storage And I still have a few more of my Mud Big project. I went to delete some of the less informative picts to make space but it only shows one check box to my most recent pict. How can I delete the picts with out the box? If I...
  6. teched

Body work continues...Closer to paint time. Anyone who has ever painted knows the more time you spend in prep the better the paint job will turn out.
  7. teched

Paint came in Yesterday, I think it will be close to original. Working on my Honda XR75 too. Might as well start another project before you finish the first one.
  8. teched

Paint ordered today!!! Firemist Orange from TCP Global $34 per quart plus $11 buck shipping.
  9. teched

Thanks, It was a lot of work. Seams like I built the body three times. LOL!! I have some videos up on YouTube. I have several other videos of the Mud Bug plus other projects in various states of completion. Thanks for all your support. -Ed https://youtu.be/tLCTKg7-G9U
  10. teched

I'm Back with some success! I laid up the glass last weekend. It was very cold in the garage about 25 degrees. So I left it along for a week to set up. It started pulling it out this morning and about 20 minutes and had it free. It came out pretty darn good if I say so myself. Thanks to...
  11. teched

I sanded the crap out of it. You would have thought that would have cleaned off the wax, but maybe. I'm going to try laying it up this weekend. If I succeed, what color should I paint it. I would like to go original or close. Somewhere I read it was called Apricot. Have you guys tried the...
  12. teched

I think I saw you Youtube Vids when I was researching. Nice trike!
  13. teched

I sprayed this with some OLD...I think "TOO OLD" Acrylic Enamel with hardener. It was pretty cold in the garage and the Air Compressor may have some water in it. I got fish eyes, even when I fired up my big air compressor with the air dryer and separator I still got fish eyes. I had to work...
  14. teched

Thanks! I am using Maguire's Carnauba Paste wax. The mold pulled pretty hard from the buck and that had at least 5 coats of wax on it. I painted my Buck with Rustoleum Gloss Black to smooth out the surface and wet sanded with 1000 grit before applying wax, Could that work instead of tooling...
  15. teched

Thanks for the link, I thought about Cooking Spray, but cool to know someone else tied it out. Also very interesting on the PVA sucking without Gelcoat. I do not plan on using Gelcoat or PVA. My plan is to somehow smooth out the Bondo in those interior corners, Fill any minor imperfections...